This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dibble201Bty View Post
    At least we know that the best tank was (and still pretty formidable to this day) British of WWII design.

Paul
    How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
    Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

Originally posted by panther3485 View Post
      ... all of this is assuming, of course, that both the Mk I-V and the FT-17 will be the winners of this round. If the current voting trend continues, they will be; but at this very early stage I'm reluctant to say it's over until its really over.

And yes, Nick, T-34 vs M4 has been done to death as a "greatest/best tank" scenario. I don't think it's been done to death as "most significant/influential". That said, you may still be right about the probable outcome? I'm not sure, though.

Edit: That does give me an idea.
      Once this tournament is completed, I guess there is nothing to stop us doing some 'snap polls' of pairings that we'd like to have seen, but didn't happen here. We could start with T-34 vs Sherman if there's enough support for the idea but it doesn't have to be those two by any means. The proviso being that whatever pairs we choose, any such polls should be based on most significant/influential; NOT "best" or "greatest".

Suggestions for other snap-poll matches will be taken.

Could be interesting, huh?
      Based on what I had seen here I had this in mind as well.
      John

Play La Marseillaise. Play it!

Comment

Originally posted by Nick the Noodle View Post
        I would personally like to see a M4 vs T-55 poll. I know which would win, but I would like to know the actual reasons why people vote for their choice.
        No reason why we couldn't do that as well.

I already have my own ideas about the reasons but it would be interesting to see what others have to say about it.
        "England expects that every man will do his duty!" (English crew members had better get ready for a tough fight against the combined French and Spanish fleets because that's what England expects! However, Scotland, Wales and Ireland appear to expect nothing so the Scottish, Welsh and Irish crew members can relax below decks if they like!)

Comment

Originally posted by JBark View Post
          Based on what I had seen here I had this in mind as well.
          Great minds ....
          "England expects that every man will do his duty!" (English crew members had better get ready for a tough fight against the combined French and Spanish fleets because that's what England expects! However, Scotland, Wales and Ireland appear to expect nothing so the Scottish, Welsh and Irish crew members can relax below decks if they like!)

Comment

looks like we know who will be in the final.
            you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

Originally posted by andrewza View Post
              looks like we know who will be in the final.
              I think we also know who will be the winner.
              It is always more difficult to fight against faith than against knowledge.

Косово је Србија!
              Never go to war with a country whose national holiday celebrates a defeat in 1389.

Armored Brigade

Armored Brigade Facebook page

Comment

Originally posted by nikolas93TS View Post
                I think we also know who will be the winner.
                Too bad, isn't it?
                John

Play La Marseillaise. Play it!

Comment

Proposed New Fighter Plane Tournament

If you have been enjoying this tank campaign, and if you think you might be interested in something similar for fighter planes, here is the discussion thread that has been started to work up that idea:

http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...d.php?t=152158

Comment

Round 5 (Semi-Final) almost over!

There are now less than 30 hours left to vote in Round 5, the Semi-Final!

If you have been with us so far but have not yet voted in this Semi-Final, and would like to do so, you will need to be quick!

Round 6, the Final, will be starting this coming weekend.

In this Final, the two most worthy tanks

as voted by 153 participating members of ACG up to this point
                    will face each other to determine which one will be declared
                    the Most Significant/Influential Tank of all time!
                    Last edited by panther3485; 04 Oct 14, 10:51.

Comment

The most difficult choice so far will be on our laps soon .

MkI-V or FT-17?

Do you choose what was more important in a major conflict, or the technological leap from that conflict?
                      Do you choose quantity early on or quality later?
                      Are you a pragmatist or optimist?
                      The former really represents the leap forward in armoured theory, the latter the huge technological leap forward in tank design.
                      Do you choose mind or body?

Imho, the two tanks represent the ultimate Yin and Yang of tank concepts and designs, and while I did not think some tanks deserved to progress in the previous rounds, I am more than happy with the final pairing .

Haven't decided yet which direction to go. I may have to toss a coin .
                      Last edited by Nick the Noodle; 03 Oct 14, 12:06.
                      How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
                      Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

Round 6 - the Final - is now open!!!

Of these two tanks, which one will be voted
                        the Most Significant/Influential Tank of all time?
                        This is for you guys, the members of ACG, to decide!!!

Last edited by panther3485; 04 Oct 14, 11:03.

Comment

So what will the ribbon look like?

I needs my ribbons!
                          Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

Thanks or (tanks) to all who got this off the ground for us. I've learned much more about foreign tanks than I had known(or forgot) before. Its been a pleasure guys.
                            This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by R. Evans View Post
                              So what will the ribbon look like?

I needs my ribbons!
                              Yet to be decided.

Comment

Time is almost up!

Vote now or forever hold your cleaning rod.
                                Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X