This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GCoyote View Post
    And for you early birds, don't forget to check page 2 of this section.
    Once some new comments are posted they will all move to the top of the list.

Enjoy!
    Done!

Got all of Rd. 2 on page 1 for you guys.
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

Darn! Just came back to civilization and ACG, and missed Round 1!

Looks like a good Campaign too.

Kudos Panther3485 for putting this one together.
      Last edited by Capt AFB; 27 Jul 14, 11:32.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt AFB View Post
        Darn! Just came back civilization and ACG, and missed Round 1!

Looks like a good Campaign too.

Kudos Panther3485 for putting this one together.
        No problem. I think we've already decided you can miss one round and still get the award.
        Plus once this tournament is over we'll unlock all the threads so you can add your comments to any that you missed.
        Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

Comment

Originally posted by GCoyote View Post
          No problem. I think we've already decided you can miss one round and still get the award.
          Plus once this tournament is over we'll unlock all the threads so you can add your comments to any that you missed.
          Much thanks ( or tanks!)

Comment

Paul. In round 2 the T-64 is used twice.
            Here
            http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...d.php?t=149924

Here
            http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...d.php?t=149919
            Eagles may fly; but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines!

"I'm not expendable; I'm not stupid and I'm not going." - Kerr Avon, Blake's 7

What didn't kill us; didn't make us smarter.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardS View Post
              Post #11 here:
              http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...d.php?t=149924
              "England expects that every man will do his duty!" (English crew members had better get ready for a tough fight against the combined French and Spanish fleets because that's what England expects! However, Scotland, Wales and Ireland appear to expect nothing so the Scottish, Welsh and Irish crew members can relax below decks if they like!)

Comment

Round 1 - final summary

After setting up Round 2 and following it for a while, I've recently revisited Round 1 to check the final tally.
                In short, even if many of us don't agree with all the outcomes I think we should be delighted with the levels of enthusiasm and participation from the membership.

I'm very pleased to note that by the time Round 1 came to an end, 114 members between them had cast a total of 2,877 votes across the 32 polls, giving us an average participation rate of just a whisker under 90 votes per poll. Gotta be happy with that, I reckon.

Furthermore, I have noticed 8 additional people joining us during Round 2 which means we've now had 122 members participate.

My thanks to all members involved, for this terrific response: as well as the (IMO) very high standards of conduct shown by everyone even when there were sharp differences of opinion here and there. I sincerely hope that these trends continue throughout the entire campaign because that's the way it should be here at ACG.

Best to all,
                Paul
                Last edited by panther3485; 04 Aug 14, 10:10.
                "England expects that every man will do his duty!" (English crew members had better get ready for a tough fight against the combined French and Spanish fleets because that's what England expects! However, Scotland, Wales and Ireland appear to expect nothing so the Scottish, Welsh and Irish crew members can relax below decks if they like!)

Comment

Round 2 - Progress Report

We are within a whisker of 1 week to go, before the end of Round 2.

As with Round 1, there are a couple of polls where the voting is fairly close; but most are showing anything from a very healthy margin to a landslide, in favour of one tank or the other.

Accordingly, it has now become feasible for me to discern the likely Round 2 winners and commence work on the pairings for Round 3.

Up to this point, no less than 13 additional members who missed Round 1 have joined us during Round 2. These members will be OK for the campaign ribbon so long as they stay with us for all of the remaining Rounds, as it is permissible to miss one round (one only) and still qualify.

To all 126 of you guys who have joined this campaign, thanks for helping to make it a success so far. I sincerely hope the trend continues. Your participation and enjoyment is ample reward for the effort.

Just a reminder of how the rest of this tournament will be set up:

For Rounds 1 and 2, the candidates were divided into four separate groups, knows as Group 1 through Group 4. This will be reduced to two groups in Round 3 consisting of:

• Group A 1916-1945 (The 8 winners from Groups 1 & 2 combined) and
                  • Group B 1946-present (The 8 winners from Groups 3 & 4 combined)

... and from Round 4 (the Quarter-Final) onwards, the remaining candidates will be in a single group.

Last edited by panther3485; 09 Aug 14, 05:52.

Comment

Only 3 days left ....

... to vote in Round 2. OK, 3 days plus a few hours.....

but time is running out fast.

If you haven't voted in the current Round yet, and you want to, be sure to get your votes in by this coming Saturday.

Round 3 will be starting very soon!

Comment

The thanks go to you for organizing and presenting this.
                      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                        The thanks go to you for organizing and presenting this.
                        Another , the photos and tank histories are just great.
                        Lance W.

Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

Hope I haven't missed the explanation but I want to hurry to the poll.

How were the pairings decided?

THAT was fun . . . hoping we have another one this late fall.
                          Last edited by TDurden; 15 Aug 14, 17:13.
                          Elsa: [reading Jacob's palm] "See. According to this, you're already dead."[laughs]
                          Army Officer: "Mr. Singer. What an appropriate name for a man who can't shut up."
                          "Jacob's Ladder"

Comment

Originally posted by TDurden View Post
                            "Hope I haven't missed the explanation but I want to hurry to the poll."
                            Round 2 is closing in a few hours, so fair enough. That said, please do read the explanation ASAP. It is important for an understanding of what you are voting for and why.

How were the pairings decided?
                            Some basic parameters included:

(1) Keeping the various tanks within their own time groups to begin with, so they would be as far as possible paired off against contemporaries or near contemporaries. However, as the rounds progress from one to the next this will become less so. Round 3 is reduced to two groups and with Round 4 onwards it's one "all-in" group.
                            (2) Making sure the very small number of tanks with double entries in Round 1 (i.e. being present in two time groups) do not have two entries by the time we get to Round 3; that is of course if they survived the polling long enough to be there at all.

Beyond that, pairing has been completely at my own discretion.

THAT was fun . . . hoping we have another one this late fall.
                            Glad you enjoyed yourself and I hope you continue to do so. Looks as if you missed Round 1 and just scraped into Round 2. So long as you make sure to vote in all the remaining Rounds you will qualify for the campaign ribbon. (We allow for members to miss just one Round, no more.)

The seeds of another campaign have already taken root in my mind.
                            (Gotta do a fair bit of research first, though.)

Last edited by panther3485; 16 Aug 14, 00:36.

Comment

A brief summary of ..

.. Round 2.

An additional 20+ members joined this campaign during Round 2 and that was really good to see.

A small proportion of members who voted in Round 1, however, somehow and for whatever reason managed to miss Round 2; so in the end the overall participation rate was only marginally higher. Nevertheless, it was still very good at an average of 90 point something votes per poll.

Important reminder:

At this stage before Round 3 closes I would strongly suggest that anyone who ended up missing either Round 1 or Round 2 and wants to see this tournament through to the end, should take care to ensure not only that they vote in the current Round 3 (if they haven't already done so) but also that they don't miss any of the other remaining rounds, to ensure that they qualify for the Campaign Ribbon.

I just want to make doubly sure that everyone is aware of that because:

(1) I would hate to see anyone who intended to be on board for the duration of the Campaign, and was looking forward to getting the ribbon at the end of it, miss out on that ribbon. And ...
                              (2) I don't want anyone to say they were not advised about this.

Please don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions.

Of course, this isn't all about getting a ribbon and I'm sure most of you guys would participate anyway because (a) it's fun and (b) it's educational. I know I've learned a lot since this thing started, and I've had a good time into the bargain. The ribbon is just a nice little bonus at the end; and it's recognition of your participation too.

Great to see so many of you enjoying these polls!

Best to all,
                              panther3485
                              Last edited by panther3485; 21 Aug 14, 10:43.

Comment

7 Days Left

For those who have not yet voted in the current Round (Round 3), there are 7 Days left to go.

Please note also that this is the last round where we'll have 3 weeks to cast our votes. All subsequent Rounds (4, 5 and 6) will run for 2 weeks only.
                                Below as a reminder, is the original schedule as posted previously with the concluded rounds in red, the current round in black and the rounds yet to be held in green:

Round 1 - 64 candidates in 4 separate groups (4 wks)
                                Round 2 - 32 candidates still separated into the same 4 groups (3 wks)

Round 3 - 16 candidates, 2 groups (1 & 2 as A, 3 & 4 as B) (3 wks)
                                Round 4 - (Quarter-final) 8 candidates, now in a single group (2 wks)
                                Round 5 - (Semi-Final) 4 tanks (2 wks)
                                Round 6 - (Final) 2 tanks (2 wks)

Last edited by panther3485; 30 Aug 14, 01:19.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X