Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rnd 1 Grp 4 - ZTZ 99 (China) vs M1A1/A2 Abrams (USA)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry 99, but Max is out for the day. ;-)

There are a few modern MBT's against which the ZTZ 99 stands no chance of getting my vote here; and unfortunately for this otherwise excellent Chinese machine, Abrams is one of them.
    "Chatfield, there seems to be something wrong with our bloody ships today!"
    Vice Admiral Beatty to Flag Captain Chatfield; Battle of Jutland, 31 May - 1 June, 1916.

Comment

The Abrams certainly is the best in the world and how good the M1A3 will be we can only guess. My question about the ZTZ-90 is does it still continue to have the ammo in the hull as is the case with many Russian designs or is the ammo in a compartment like we see in the M1? Also who in their right minds would give the Iraqis 100 M1s when they are also getting at least 2000 T-91s I can think of other countries more deserving of 100 M1s such as Austraila.

Comment

Originally posted by Merkava188 View Post
        The Abrams certainly is the best in the world and how good the M1A3 will be we can only guess. My question about the ZTZ-90 is does it still continue to have the ammo in the hull as is the case with many Russian designs or is the ammo in a compartment like we see in the M1? Also who in their right minds would give the Iraqis 100 M1s when they are also getting at least 2000 T-91s I can think of other countries more deserving of 100 M1s such as Austraila.
        Whether we could actually use another 100 M1s is questionable (at least, all at the same time). On the other hand, if you guys were giving them away I don't think we'd say no.
        "Chatfield, there seems to be something wrong with our bloody ships today!"
        Vice Admiral Beatty to Flag Captain Chatfield; Battle of Jutland, 31 May - 1 June, 1916.

Comment

There are many polls where the US bit of kit wins due to patriotism rather than the facts. This is not one of them. I'm pretty sure that the two current votes against the M1 here are not due to the US tanks significance/influence.

In fact, as far as this poll goes, the Abrams should win the group 4 stage imho, and with the Leopard II coming in second.
          How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
          Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

I have to admit the ZTZ-99 has nice lines. Unfortunately that doesn't get my vote.
            John

Play La Marseillaise. Play it!

Comment

Originally posted by Nick the Noodle View Post
              This is the easiest one for me so far. The Abrams was the first of a new breed. It should take at least top spot for influential tanks post c1980.
              true indeed

Comment

Abrams wins no doubt,

ZTZ-99 and its variant Al-Khalid ( Pakistani version) are going to be the main Tanks of our Arch Rivals,

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• asterix
                  New York AG to sue the NRA
                  by asterix
                  New York Attorney General Letitia James launches lawsuit against the National Rifle Association alleging financial discrepancies:

https...
                  Today, 05:46
                • casanova
                  Emanuel Macron
                  by casanova
                  The French president Emmanuel Macron visited Beirut, Libanon. He watched the devastation in the city, caused by the Amoniumnitrat explosion....
                  Today, 01:27
                • casanova
                  Beirut
                  by casanova
                  A awful, dedoerate situation for the population in Beirut, Libanon. A Amoniumnitrat-explosion was the cause of the catastrophe....
                  Yesterday, 23:35
                Working...
                X