Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rnd 1 Grp 4 - Leclerc (France) vs T-64 (Russia)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sebfrench76 View Post
    Guys,this is offensive .
    You compare our state of the art BT to a 60's tank,and you think Leclerc's loose?
    Do you really still believe that we 're manufacturing ****?
    I'm dreaming..
    Seb, have you voted in the poll, yet?
    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

For me it's obvious also that the T64,due to his age ,reliability,production figures,is more influential than the Leclerc.
      To be perfectly fair,T64 had to be challenged against the AMX 30.He would also win the contest..
      My frog's reaction,beside the fact that i start very easily(....),was due to the fact i didn't understood the goal of the contest.
      No problem.

We can see quite a number of modern Main Battle Tanks that are extremely good. If we were voting for how good they are, I have no doubt that Leclerc would be considered one of the finest. Why? Because it is, in my opinion, one of the finest. We only have to look at what it offers in the package, and compare with other modern MBTs, to see this.

However, when I ask myself how influential is the Leclerc compared to many of these other tanks in this campaign, I might get a different answer.
      "England expects that every man will do his duty!" (English crew members had better get ready for a tough fight against the combined French and Spanish fleets because that's what England expects! However, Scotland, Wales and Ireland appear to expect nothing so the Scottish, Welsh and Irish crew members can relax below decks if they like!)

Comment

In this group the T64 had ceased being influential,what influence it had been used already in the T72 and Western counterparts.
        The Leclerc is an excellent vehicle and as many have already stated a far better tank then the T64 but it had never has any influence on tank design simply because it is state of the art,ie,we can't know of its influence from our current standpoint.
        Neither tank has ever seen action, this is a very important consideration as without it how can one honestly quantify a tanks worth?

I will have to go with the T64 as the most realistic choice.

Pardon Seb mon ami.

Comment

For me it's obvious also that the T64,due to his age ,reliability,production figures,is more influential than the Leclerc.
          To be perfectly fair,T64 had to be challenged against the AMX 30.He would also win the contest..
          My frog's reaction,beside the fact that i start very easily(....),was due to the fact i didn't understood the goal of the contest.
          The goal is to get us all angry at each other...
          The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

Comment

Originally posted by flash View Post
            In this group the T64 had ceased being influential,what influence it had been used already in the T72 and Western counterparts.
            The Leclerc is an excellent vehicle and as many have already stated a far better tank then the T64 but it had never has any influence on tank design simply because it is state of the art,ie,we can't know of its influence from our current standpoint.
            Neither tank has ever seen action, this is a very important consideration as without it how can one honestly quantify a tanks worth?

I will have to go with the T64 as the most realistic choice.

Pardon Seb mon ami.
            The T-64 has seen action - it was used in Chechnya, and in fact it is very possible as you are reading this a T-64 is actively engaging in combat.
            Кто там?
            Это я - Почтальон Печкин!
            Tunis is a Carthigenian city!

Comment

Don't get me wrong:I don't give a s..t to the Leclerc,really.
              I was just upset to see him compared to an obsolete tank,wich made my french arrogance speak with not very subtile words.
              That rug really tied the room together

Comment

Don't get me wrong:I don't give a s..t to the Leclerc,really.
                I was just upset to see him compared to an obsolete tank,wich made my french arrogance speak with not very subtile words.
                Being obsolete is relative and has no impact on influence and significance.

Just wait and watch the fireworks when Abrams Leo and Challenger have to face off. National arrogance will take over there. Especially since all 3 tanks are pretty dead equal and have almost been developed in concert.
                Кто там?

Comment

Originally posted by Stryker 19K30 View Post
                  The T-64 has seen action - it was used in Chechnya, and in fact it is very possible as you are reading this a T-64 is actively engaging in combat.
                  Quite so and my apologies.

Comment

T-64 was a revolutionary tank. It was a first true MBT in Soviet categorization, and for many years it have remained a Soviet premier tank that NATO feared, as well the basis for all following Soviet and Russian designs.

It have included composite armor, automatic loader, fire-control system and whole series of novelties.

On the other hand Leclerc was a latecomer, when M1, Leopard 2 and T-80 were in service for almoust more than a decade.
                    It is always more difficult to fight against faith than against knowledge.

Косово је Србија!
                    Never go to war with a country whose national holiday celebrates a defeat in 1389.

Armored Brigade

Armored Brigade Facebook page

Comment

I go with the LeClerc. The Russians are stuck on the same basic design theories and their tanks have been outclassed for some time now.
                      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                        I go with the LeClerc. The Russians are stuck on the same basic design theories and their tanks have been outclassed for some time now.
                        Not the criteria of the poll.
                        Кто там?

Comment

The Leclerc is superior in every way except influence and significance. It's just another modern MBT.

The T64 get's the vote.
                          ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

Ditto on T-64. Not much I can add that hasn't been said.
                            "A foolish man thinks he knows everything if placed in unexpected difficulty; but he knows not what to answer, if to the test he is put."

--Hávamál

Comment

Swimming against the tide again ...

To my mind, there can be no question that the T-64 series has been more influential than Leclerc. However, there's something about the Leclerc's combination of advanced features, superbly efficient auto-loader and innovative designed-in armour packaging options that gets me in. To my thinking, this package of features should get more recognition for its significance. I'm going with the French tank on this one.
                              "England expects that every man will do his duty!" (English crew members had better get ready for a tough fight against the combined French and Spanish fleets because that's what England expects! However, Scotland, Wales and Ireland appear to expect nothing so the Scottish, Welsh and Irish crew members can relax below decks if they like!)

Comment

Originally posted by Stryker 19K30 View Post
                                Not the criteria of the poll.
                                If you read carefully the criteria are up to the interpretation of the individual.
                                John

Play La Marseillaise. Play it!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X