Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rnd 1 Grp 3 - AMX-30/40 (France) vs Leopard 1 (Germany)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Achtung Baby
    replied
    This is terrible, I don't won't to vote against the AMX-30..... but for this poll I have to.

Leave a comment:

• nikolas93TS
    replied
    Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    I have to go with the Leopard. The Germans just have the edge when it comes to tank design. It's in their blood or something.
    One tend to disagree on that when he look after service reports of vehicles like Jagdtiger, or monstrosities like Maus.

Leave a comment:

• Hanov
    replied
    Originally posted by panther3485 View Post
    (...) That said, I can think of one particular French design that I expect to do very well in this campaign. So well, I'd be surprised if it did not get to the semi-final at least. I'm sure you can guess which tank I'm talking about.
    Ja ja, der gute alte FT17
    ...indeed a superb design when introduced. I hope the French Football Team doesn't make it as far as the FT17

Leave a comment:

• panther3485
    replied
    Originally posted by sebfrench76 View Post
    Believe the Amx cannot win.
    The polls for Round 1 have only been open for a short time (not much more than 24 hours) and there is still more than 3 weeks to go.
    However, based on the trend so far I have to say it's not looking very good for the AMX, with a vote ratio of almost 6-to-1 in favour of the Leopard.

That said, I can think of one particular French design that I expect to do very well in this campaign. So well, I'd be surprised if it did not get to the semi-final at least. I'm sure you can guess which tank I'm talking about.

Leave a comment:

• sebfrench76
    replied
    Believe the Amx cannot win.

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    I have to go with the Leopard. The Germans just have the edge when it comes to tank design. It's in their blood or something.

Leave a comment:

• nikolas93TS
    replied
    Both tank derived from a same project, with same specifications.

A really tough choice, but I will give Leopard I a slight edge since it have gave Germans a renewed indigenous tank industry, culminating in Leopard 2.

Leave a comment:

• flash
    replied
    The French and the Germans were both proven wrong in the long run and they both went on to develop heavily armoured AFVs from there.
    I suspect a Sov tank general would have been rather chuffed if he was up against a French or German defence rather than a British one in the 60s.
    Neither of these tanks were any good,they were remarkably fast and they were well armed but they ain't faster than a 100/115/125 AP.

To be quite honest I'm unaware how much of the AMX30 design was put into the Leclerc but I do know that the Leopard1 was developed into the Leopard2 which put right all of the wrongs of the 1.

Leopard 1.

Leave a comment:

• Frtigern
    replied
    Did the Leopard 1 even see combat? The AMX-30 did.

Leave a comment:

• Pruitt
    replied
    Ask the same question to all the NATO countries that bought the F-104 from Lockheed!

Pruitt

Leave a comment:

• BELGRAVE
    replied
    Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
    Salesmen?

Pruitt
    Very possibly, but did they have a better product to push anyway ?

Leave a comment:

• Pruitt
    replied
    Salesmen?

Pruitt

Leave a comment:

• BELGRAVE
    replied
    The Leopard had a very successful commercial history, being the MBT of choice of nine (I think) NATO countries- and Australia. There had to be a reason.

Leave a comment:

• Dibble201Bty
    replied
    Never liked the 'paper tiger'

Paul

Leave a comment:

• Arthwys
    replied
    Well The Leopard I led to the Leopard II so my choice is elementary.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X