Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rnd 1 Grp 3 - AMX-30/40 (France) vs Leopard 1 (Germany)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by panther3485 View Post
    (...) That said, I can think of one particular French design that I expect to do very well in this campaign. So well, I'd be surprised if it did not get to the semi-final at least. I'm sure you can guess which tank I'm talking about.
    Ja ja, der gute alte FT17
    ...indeed a superb design when introduced. I hope the French Football Team doesn't make it as far as the FT17
    One death is a tragedy; one million is a statistic.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      I have to go with the Leopard. The Germans just have the edge when it comes to tank design. It's in their blood or something.
      One tend to disagree on that when he look after service reports of vehicles like Jagdtiger, or monstrosities like Maus.
      It is always more difficult to fight against faith than against knowledge.

Косово је Србија!
      Never go to war with a country whose national holiday celebrates a defeat in 1389.

Armored Brigade

Armored Brigade Facebook page

Comment

This is terrible, I don't won't to vote against the AMX-30..... but for this poll I have to.
        "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
        Ernest Hemingway.

Sapere aude.

Comment

Tank for tank, effectively very similar but ...

Leopard 1 seems to have been rather more widely employed.

Close, though.
          "Chatfield, there seems to be something wrong with our bloody ships today!"
          Vice Admiral Beatty to Flag Captain Chatfield; Battle of Jutland, 31 May - 1 June, 1916.

Comment

Leo I because it lead to Leo II

Ed.
            The repetition of affirmations leads to belief. Once that belief becomes a deep conviction, you better wake up and look at the facts.

Comment

Can someone tell me how thecL1 led to the L2? They seem to be different in many respects.
              John

Play La Marseillaise. Play it!

Comment

French AFV designs have never had much, if any, impact outside of France after the FT 17.

Comment

Originally posted by JBark View Post
                  Can someone tell me how thecL1 led to the L2? They seem to be different in many respects.
                  Going back through Leopard 2 prototypes line you will notice their similarity with Leopard 1.

Косово је Србија!
                  Never go to war with a country whose national holiday celebrates a defeat in 1389.

Armored Brigade

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                    French AFV designs have never had much, if any, impact outside of France after the FT 17.
                    They were widely exported however.

Косово је Србија!

Armored Brigade

Comment

Originally posted by nikolas93TS View Post
                      Going back through Leopard 2 prototypes line you will notice their similarity with Leopard 1.

They share the same engine, drive train, hull, for example?
                      John

Comment

Originally posted by JBark View Post
                        They share the same engine, drive train, hull, for example?
                        They are separated by more than 20 years as designs. Leopard 2 was designed from improved Leopard 1, plus some components like the engine which come from aborted MBT-70.

Косово је Србија!

Armored Brigade

Comment

Originally posted by nikolas93TS View Post
                          They are separated by more than 20 years as designs. Leopard 2 was designed from improved Leopard 1, plus some components like the engine which come from aborted MBT-70.
                          Thanks.
                          John

Comment

Originally posted by Frtigern View Post
                            Did the Leopard 1 even see combat? The AMX-30 did.
                            Danish Leopard 1A5-DKs saw combat in Bosnia, Canadian Leopard C2s in Afghanistan.

Comment

Leopard 1 (Germany)

Comment

Voted for French AMX-30/40.

versatile Tank seen action in Desert , An ack ack gun 20 mm gun that is independent of main armament,

Saudi and Qatari versions are modified to suit their requirement.

some were used as launcher for Pluton tactical nuclear missile system.

good use by French.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X