This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
    Well I voted and was surprised at the results of the polls...
    Very early stages, though. We have almost 4 weeks for folks to vote in Round 1 and the polls have barely been running for 4 hours yet.
    "England expects that every man will do his duty!" (English crew members had better get ready for a tough fight against the combined French and Spanish fleets because that's what England expects! However, Scotland, Wales and Ireland appear to expect nothing so the Scottish, Welsh and Irish crew members can relax below decks if they like!)

Comment

Originally posted by panther3485 View Post
      Update:

All 32 of the tank polls for this new campaign were completed last night. They are currently placed in a 'holding area'. I am now seeking assistance from some senior staff members, who have the necessary access and ability to help me set the campaign up. As soon as they can be available to get that done (hopefully some time this weekend), we can begin.

Thank you all once again for your patience.
      Thank you for all your hard work !

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
        Well I voted and was surprised at the results of the polls...
        It's early days yet but based on the results so far, I must say two or three of them have quite surprised me too.
        "England expects that every man will do his duty!" (English crew members had better get ready for a tough fight against the combined French and Spanish fleets because that's what England expects! However, Scotland, Wales and Ireland appear to expect nothing so the Scottish, Welsh and Irish crew members can relax below decks if they like!)

Comment

Originally posted by doubleD View Post
          Thank you for all your hard work !
          Thank you, and I hope you are enjoying this campaign.

Comment

The campaign is a lesson for me. My voting reflects some poor choices so far but, I'm learning.
            Skip

Comment

Originally posted by skiplc View Post
              The campaign is a lesson for me. My voting reflects some poor choices so far but, I'm learning.
              I learned some stuff putting this campaign together. I'm picking up other bits of info as I go along. I'm sure most if not all of you guys, will pick up some ideas and info too.

Even if we go into it purely for the fun, most likely we'll get some learning anyway. It's a benefit that comes with the game, whether we intend it or not.

Comment

It is a bit pitiful that some people voting don't understand what are voting criteria, or they simply follow a random, ignorant, or even intentionally biased choice.

I see some interesting discussions folding out already, a lot of new things will be learnt for sure. At this point it is worth reading those few pages under a pool before taking a vote.
                It is always more difficult to fight against faith than against knowledge.

Косово је Србија!
                Never go to war with a country whose national holiday celebrates a defeat in 1389.

Armored Brigade

Armored Brigade Facebook page

Comment

Originally posted by nikolas93TS View Post
                  It is a bit pitiful that some people voting don't understand what are voting criteria, or they simply follow a random, ignorant, or even intentionally biased choice.

I see some interesting discussions folding out already, a lot of new things will be learnt for sure. At this point it is worth reading those few pages under a pool before taking a vote.
                  To attempt to sit in judgement on the way some people have voted can be fallacious,arrogant even.

You might think some voting pitiful, but those others may possess insights regarding the comparative influence and performance of the particular tanks that have escaped you.
                  "I dogmatise and am contradicted, and in this conflict of opinions and sentiments I find delight".
                  Samuel Johnson.

Comment

Originally posted by BELGRAVE View Post
                    To attempt to sit in judgement on the way some people have voted can be fallacious,arrogant even.

You might think some voting pitiful, but those others may possess insights regarding the comparative influence and performance of the particular tanks that have escaped you.
                    Yes it is, but I am speaking here about people who didn't bothered to read the criteria and less so the information about the tanks.

I am not judging, even when people vote a certain tank because it simply looks more awesome or because it is from their country so it must be superior, but I hope to raise the awareness for the benefit of the forum community. I want to encourage reading and debating.
                    It is always more difficult to fight against faith than against knowledge.

Косово је Србија!
                    Never go to war with a country whose national holiday celebrates a defeat in 1389.

Armored Brigade

Armored Brigade Facebook page

Comment

• Originally posted by nikolas93TS View Post
                      Yes it is, but I am speaking here about people who didn't bothered to read the criteria and less so the information about the tanks.

I am not judging, even when people vote a certain tank because it simply looks more awesome or because it is from their country so it must be superior, but I hope to raise the awareness for the benefit of the forum community. I want to encourage reading and debating.
                      Fair enough.

But I wonder if many posters to this forum do vote purely on aesthetic or nationalistic lines- there are many very well-informed members to whom I would willingly defer on this and other subjects.
                      "I dogmatise and am contradicted, and in this conflict of opinions and sentiments I find delight".
                      Samuel Johnson.

Comment

• Originally posted by BELGRAVE View Post
                        But I wonder if many posters to this forum do vote purely on aesthetic or nationalistic lines- there are many very well-informed members to whom I would willingly defer on this and other subjects.
                        I think the majority of members are putting a reasonable amount of thought into their voting and making at least a moderate effort - in many cases a quite considerable effort - to be objective against the required criteria.

There will always be some individuals who have what might be described as a more 'shallow' approach but then, there's no law saying they can't do it that way if they want to. If it's what they enjoy, then this is part of the fun factor we should not forget about.

Having said this, I do understand where Nikola is coming from and I can appreciate how it might be frustrating sometimes. But we're always going to get this variation of approaches with polls. It's par for the course.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X