2nd Supplementary - Snap Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd Supplementary - Snap Poll

OK guys, time for you - the participating members - to get an opportunity to decide how the very last match is going down!

Based on the votes registered so far in our 1st Supplementary Round and IF the established trends for both matches continue as such to the very end, the following two planes will be the winners:

Avro 504 vs Douglas DC-3/C-47 - the DC-3/C-47 will win.
    B-29 Superfortress vs C-130 Hercules - the Herc will win.

To run these two aircraft against each other would, as you all know, simply be a repeat of the main tournament Final and therefore obviously pointless.

However, I have determined that we should have a second Supplementary Round regardless; partly for a little bit of extra enjoyment (and maybe even a touch more learning) but also ...
    ... to maximize the chance of getting a ribbon for those members who may have missed 2 or 3 rounds in the main tournament.

Therefore, the following three matches - none of which have occurred before - are feasible:

(1) Avro 504 vs B-29 Superfortress
    (2) Avro 504 vs C-130 Hercules
    (3) Douglas DC-3/C-47 vs B-29 Superfortress

If you are interested in helping decide which of these three pairings we'll have for our 2nd Supplementary, please register your vote above.
    I have made all the pairings up until now so I shall abstain from voting. The decision is entirely up to you guys.
    However, votes are only welcome from members who have actually participated in this tournament. If you have not been a participant, please do not vote here.

NOTE: Naturally, if there is an unexpected change in the voting trends and either the DC-3/C-47 or the C-130 actually manage to lose in the 1st Supplementary Round ...
    ... then whatever two planes have won will be the final match, instead of any of the above alternatives. (But I'll let you all work out how likely that is now.)

Avro 504 vs Boeing B-29
    18.52%
    Avro 504 vs C-130 Hercules
    11.11%
    Douglas DC-3/C-47 vs Boeing B-29
    70.37%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by panther3485; 19 Apr 16, 04:38.
    "England expects that every man will do his duty!" (English crew members had better get ready for a tough fight against the combined French and Spanish fleets because that's what England expects! However, Scotland, Wales and Ireland appear to expect nothing so the Scottish, Welsh and Irish crew members can relax below decks if they like!)

Looks like we have our decision ...

OK, this poll is due to close in just a few hours.
    Douglas DC-3/C-47 vs Boeing B-29 is by far the most preferred option, with more than double the votes of the other two combined.

I can't see the outcome swinging around at this very late stage so it looks like that's what we'll be having for the second and final Supplementary Round.

I'll put it together today and launch some time in the next 8-10 hours.
    As per the first supplementary, it will run for about one week only.
    Then I'll do a final collation of the results and we'll see who's due to get what in the ribbon department.
    Last edited by panther3485; 23 Apr 16, 01:42.
    "England expects that every man will do his duty!" (English crew members had better get ready for a tough fight against the combined French and Spanish fleets because that's what England expects! However, Scotland, Wales and Ireland appear to expect nothing so the Scottish, Welsh and Irish crew members can relax below decks if they like!)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
    X