Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Semi-Final - Junkers Ju 52 (Germany) vs Douglas Dakota & Lisunov Li-2 (USA; SU)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Achtung Baby View Post
    Which of the planes in all the polls we have voted here are sports cars?
    F-15, F-16. Both are similar to American sports cars

Comment

Originally posted by broderickwells View Post
      F-15, F-16. Both are similar to American sports cars

The F-16 is more like a Lotus Evora 400, McLaren 570S or even the Ariel Atom than any US sports car .

The F-15 is more like the Bugatti Veyron, Pagani Zonda or Aston Martin Vantage .

How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
      Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

Originally posted by panther3485 View Post
        Both aircraft are worthy to have gotten this far, IMHO; but one of them has to go and I'm leaning rather towards favouring the Dakota to get to the Final.
        However, each of us has to make up his/her mind.
        If enough of you guys are thinking as I am, it will be sad to see the faithful old "Tante Ju" go; but speaking for myself at least, whichever way this match goes it won't hurt nearly as much as Mossie vs Herc.
        I do think though that the amount of difference in the showing of the vote at the present time is completely out of proportion to the Junkers 52 ability. lcm1
        'By Horse by Tram'.

I was in when they needed 'em,not feeded 'em.
        " Youuu 'Orrible Lot!"

Comment

Originally posted by lcm1 View Post
          I do think though that the amount of difference in the showing of the vote at the present time is completely out of proportion to the Junkers 52 ability. lcm1
          Yes, the Ju 52 could have got a few more votes and it wouldn't have been out of order.
          "England expects that every man will do his duty!" (English crew members had better get ready for a tough fight against the combined French and Spanish fleets because that's what England expects! However, Scotland, Wales and Ireland appear to expect nothing so the Scottish, Welsh and Irish crew members can relax below decks if they like!)

Comment

Always a possible result in a binary first past the post system = all the votes do is show the ranking between two air craft not their relative value.
            Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
            Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
              Always a possible result in a binary first past the post system = all the votes do is show the ranking between two air craft not their relative value.
              True; or at least, the ranking is the only thing that's anywhere near being "proven" as such; based entirely on participant opinion of course.
              That said, the mere fact that the score isn't all votes to one aircraft and none to the other does at least tell us of a difference of opinion regarding ranking; presumably showing that some feel it should be the opposite of what the majority have decided.
              Stretching that, members might conclude that a very wide gap indicates a greater difference in overall perceived relative value between two planes than a very narrow one. As you correctly point out, this can't really be established but it's a very tempting conclusion.
              Last edited by panther3485; 24 Mar 16, 07:13.
              "England expects that every man will do his duty!" (English crew members had better get ready for a tough fight against the combined French and Spanish fleets because that's what England expects! However, Scotland, Wales and Ireland appear to expect nothing so the Scottish, Welsh and Irish crew members can relax below decks if they like!)

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
                Right Mark, I got the wording wrong. Lets say the ranking could have been closer. Although I helped to make that ranking so wide spread, I like to give credit where credit is due. lcm1
                'By Horse by Tram'.

I was in when they needed 'em,not feeded 'em.
                " Youuu 'Orrible Lot!"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X