This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    I really prefer choice #1 but that would bring howls whatever the outcome, so choice 2 is the obvious alternative.
    TAG, there is no way of avoiding howls regardless of what matches I made before this and what choices the members make from here on.

In an endeavor such as this, it is impossible - repeat impossible - to satisfy everyone. If you really prefer option 1 then please do vote for it. Don't worry about what anyone else thinks or says. The whole idea of this snap-poll is for each eligible member to call it as they see it.

... but looking just now I see you've already voted for option 2, so I guess I'm too late.
    Last edited by panther3485; 15 May 15, 21:14.
    "England expects that every man will do his duty!" (English crew members had better get ready for a tough fight against the combined French and Spanish fleets because that's what England expects! However, Scotland, Wales and Ireland appear to expect nothing so the Scottish, Welsh and Irish crew members can relax below decks if they like!)

Comment

Originally posted by Nick the Noodle View Post
      The second one. This pairs fighters who were there for most of WW2 and two that were relatively late.
      Most? I do believe that one of them was there from 1936 to 1950.
      ‘Tis said his form is tiny, yet
      All human ills he can subdue,
      Or with a bauble or medal
      Can win mans heart for you;
      And many a blessing know to stew
      To make a megloamaniac bright;
      Give honour to the dainty Corse,
      The Pixie is a little shite.

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post

The one good usage of a spit. A beer cooler...
        That would make at least two good uses, then.
        "England expects that every man will do his duty!" (English crew members had better get ready for a tough fight against the combined French and Spanish fleets because that's what England expects! However, Scotland, Wales and Ireland appear to expect nothing so the Scottish, Welsh and Irish crew members can relax below decks if they like!)

Comment

Originally posted by panther3485 View Post
          That would make at least two good uses, then.
          It's not a photoshop either.

http://www.rafcommands.com/forum/sho...ifires-genuine

Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
            Correct as far as I know; the beer-barrel carrying Spitfire is completely authentic! IIRC, this option is even provided for in a 1/48 Spitfire model kit!
            Beer for the boys? A very worthy cause! Morale is important, you know!

Comment

Outcome

With the closure of this poll, all valid votes have been counted and the outcome is:

Most preferred - Spitfire vs Fw 190 and Mustang vs Me 262 (option 2)
              2nd most preferred - Spitfire vs Me 262 and Fw 190 vs Mustang (option 3)
              Least preferred - Spitfire vs Mustang and Fw 190 vs Me 262 (option 1)

Therefore, the pairings will be configured according to option 2.

Last edited by panther3485; 16 May 15, 06:27.

Comment

Argh.
                Too late.
                Would have voted for the 2nd option anyways...
                One death is a tragedy; one million is a statistic.

Comment

"In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
                  Ernest Hemingway.

Comment

Originally posted by Hanov View Post
                    Argh.
                    Too late.
                    I could have run this snap-poll for 48 hours instead of 24; but I didn't want to unduly delay the opening of Round 6.

Comment

Poll not open yet?
                      Will no one tell me what she sings?--
                      Perhaps the plaintive numbers flow
                      For old, unhappy, far-off things,
                      And battles long ago:
                      -William Wordsworth, "The Solitary Reaper"

Comment

Originally posted by Desiree Clary View Post
                        Poll not open yet?
                        It's all ready to go; I'm just waiting for the formal announcement, which I requested a little while ago. If it hasn't been made by 12:00 midnight my time, I'll open the polls anyway and I'm sure the announcement won't be too far behind it.

At the moment, it's 10:52pm my time.

Edit: Just got the nod while I was typing this message.
                        The official forum-wide announcement has just been made.

I declare Round 6 (the Semi-Final) open!

Comment

Originally posted by Hanov View Post
                          Argh.
                          Too late.
                          Likewise

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                          X