Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rnd 1 Grp G - Convair F-102 & F-106 (USA) vs Lockheed F-104 (USA)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a really tough one, but in honor of Chuck Yeager I'll go with the 104.

Comment

This is tough. I think I will go with the 104 because of its popularity in NATO and such overall.
      "A foolish man thinks he knows everything if placed in unexpected difficulty; but he knows not what to answer, if to the test he is put."

--Hávamál

Comment

F-102 & F-106 Deltas

Comment

I almost voted for the Deltas because I believe they used to fly them out of a field somewhat near my hometown (it's a museum now)--but then I thought that's probably not good enough grounds considering what this poll is meant to be, ha!
          "A foolish man thinks he knows everything if placed in unexpected difficulty; but he knows not what to answer, if to the test he is put."

--Hávamál

Comment

I'm going F-104 here.
            "England expects that every man will do his duty!" (English crew members had better get ready for a tough fight against the combined French and Spanish fleets because that's what England expects! However, Scotland, Wales and Ireland appear to expect nothing so the Scottish, Welsh and Irish crew members can relax below decks if they like!)

Comment

3 fairly ridiculous planes which represent the victory of Cold War paranoia over sound budgeting.

F-104 only got where it did due to Lockheed corruption, so I go for the Convair pair.
              "Looting would not be tolerated within the Division, unless organised with the knowledge of C.O.'s on a unit basis."
              - 15/19 Hussars War Diary, 18th March 1945

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X