Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rnd 1 Grp D - Brewster F2A Buffalo (USA) vs Hawker Typhoon & Tempest (Britain)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T. A. Gardner
    replied
    Originally posted by sebfrench76 View Post
    Will you send me another PM,telling me all of this is simply humour??
    I replied to your last one,if you remember correctly, reassuring you,i was not upset.
    Now,save your time by publically writing that you cannot stand us,it will be clear and efficient.
    You won't have to look for ugly pics of weird flying things made in France,and you won't be ridiculous by stating that the 2 CV is an unsignificant car.
    It's all in good fun seb. In America the game is played as if everyone was standing near a cliff. The object of the game is not to let the other players get you so worked up you get pushed off that cliff.

"Pushing people's buttons" is what it is often called. It's just in fun so don't get worked up. Oh, by the way, how's the weather at the bottom of the cliff?

Leave a comment:

• panther3485
    replied
    Steady on, guys. Let's stay away from the personal (or nationalistic) stuff and discuss the topic, eh?

Leave a comment:

• sebfrench76
    replied
    Will you send me another PM,telling me all of this is simply humour??
    I replied to your last one,if you remember correctly, reassuring you,i was not upset.
    Now,save your time by publically writing that you cannot stand us,it will be clear and efficient.
    You won't have to look for ugly pics of weird flying things made in France,and you won't be ridiculous by stating that the 2 CV is an unsignificant car.

Leave a comment:

• T. A. Gardner
    replied
    Originally posted by sebfrench76 View Post
    Do you know that it's funny that!!!
    I know. It's funny because it's true...

A flying Citron!

Leave a comment:

• sebfrench76
    replied
    Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    If it was France would win hands down...
    Do you know that it's funny that!!!

Leave a comment:

• T. A. Gardner
    replied
    Originally posted by warmoviebuff View Post
    If this was an ugliest plane tournament, I'd vote for the Buffalo. Since it is not...
    If it was France would win hands down...

Leave a comment:

• warmoviebuff
    replied
    If this was an ugliest plane tournament, I'd vote for the Buffalo. Since it is not...

Leave a comment:

• sebfrench76
    replied
    24 cylinders cannot be wrong..
    Tempest of course.Plus ,he made the Normandy campaign shorter in time.

Leave a comment:

• Snowygerry
    replied
    One sympathy vote for the Buffalo here

Leave a comment:

• dutched
    replied
    Strange to put Typhoon next to Tempest, The drawback of the Typhoon was it's wing. This does not matter as I chose to vote for the Buffalo. It matters little but in my view this little fighter has always been severely under rated. Typhoon is in my book a failed fighter, because of its wing, hence my opening remark.

Leave a comment:

• kurt tank 152
    replied
    the Hawker Typhoon wins. it was devastating in ground attack, it's main drawback was handling on take off (it veer off right), and problems of compressibility( air flow on top of the wing reach supersonic speeds). however, one great fighter. Tempest had problems too, but was much better than Typhoon.

Typhoon Mk 1B

Tempest Mk V

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    Hawker Typhoon.

The Brewster Buffalo was a joke and should not even be mentioned in the same space as the Hawker.

Leave a comment:

• Gixxer86g
    replied
    The Buffalo carries significance, and influence, but in a negative way. But it certainly accelerated adoption of better designs!

As much as I love the Tempest, it's not very influential or significant. But certainly more so than the horrible Buffalo.

Tempest wins!

Leave a comment:

• BELGRAVE
    replied
    Operationally-the acid test- the Buffalo was a resounding failure everywhere , with one very notable exception.
    The Hawker aircraft were resounding successes.

Leave a comment:

• Pruitt
    replied
    I think the Hawker is better. Now I would have loved to see what the Finns could have done with it!

Pruitt

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X