X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dngit, I missed making the poll in time by 5 minutes

Comment

• Well for Round 3 we have 3 blowouts and one close contest. Saratoga vs. The Defeat of the Armada. That one should be interesting. I'm waiting to see whether or not it comes down to national lines.
      Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

• Sorry I've been missing out. School is kicking my ass right now....

Originally posted by R. Evans View Post

Well for Round 3 we have 3 blowouts and one close contest. Saratoga vs. The Defeat of the Armada. That one should be interesting. I'm waiting to see whether or not it comes down to national lines.
        Yeah, I haven't been watching close, but it looks like this round is a bit lopsided, most of the choices are clear, and have been for a while. Too bad about Midway...

I went with the Armada in the questionable race, it seemed like the bigger moment in history...
        "This life..., you know, "the life." Youíre not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you donít shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

• Originally posted by R. Evans View Post
          Well for Round 3 we have 3 blowouts and one close contest. Saratoga vs. The Defeat of the Armada. That one should be interesting. I'm waiting to see whether or not it comes down to national lines.
          Good points Bob! I thought the second round matchups were great, and the third round is anti-climatic. I tried getting some of my ringers in to vote in the second round for Hastings and Stalingrad, but they were blocked. I think it might be a conspiracy or something.

I've been in contact with Peabody and Sherman and we are going back in time together to look at some of the battles in the thrid round, so I'll be ready in the fourth round with their expertise to offer my insight. I'm thinking Constaninople versus Midway in the finals.

"Between a battle lost and a battle won, the distance is immense and there stand empires" Napoleon

Comment

• Round 3 of the Most Decisive Battles Campaign closes in 1 hour!

Get in there & vote, if you have not yet done so!

On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

• Round 3 is concluded!

Time to regroup, replenish, ammo up!

Round 4 could begin at any time...

Post the watch & prepare for coming battle, mates!

Your arguments & coming commentary could play prominently in the March 09' issue of Armchair General Magazine...

Originally posted by Eric Weider
              "ACG'ers let us hear from you on the most decisive battles that shaped our world. Join our newest ACG Campaign and make your voice heard! We'll print your collective wisdom in a future issue of Armchair General magazine as to the most decisive battles in history. In our December/January issue we'll have a super-feature on the Battles that Shaped our World as picked by our editors and experts. We'll follow that in the next issue with the voice of the "people." Your voice! So join our campaign and help make history!"

Craft & express them well, my friends!

On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

• Crap...I totally forgot to check and missed round three
                "We Will Stay Here, If We Must All Go to Hell Together"
                -Col. John R. Cooke, 27th NC

Avatar: My Grandfather on the right. His twin on the left. Their older brother in the middle. In their Navy Blues

Comment

• Pity for me... I suppose it's a bit too late to join in and get my ribbon now, isn't it?

Comment

• I have changed my mind about my vote in round two, do you all mind if we go back and start again?
                    What would Occam say?

Comment

• Thanks to everyone who help arrange this and did the matchups. This was a lot of fun, and I enjoyed reading the posts from various people as I learned some information about some of these battles, I hadn't really thought about or knew about.

However I do have a request as I saw some of these comments might be used in an upcoming edition of ACG. I have violated some laws and quasi-laws in various dimensions and other galaxies, so there are some people who may be trying to locate my whereabouts. I would request that my comments not be referred to as "Sgt. Rock says", but rather "An annonymous reliable source says".

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X