Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got to give it to Nappy (even though the French bite!!--- well, he is Corsican). Julius made a tough commander that challenged you to victory but he was not onwe to trust subordinates. Napoleon picked great personalities and controlled them as needed (fluid movement, concentration of forces, timing of attack). The only General that I see that could defeat them is the man, WT SHERMAN !!!!

Comment

Not sure that I agree with you on the Sherman part... but the rest I'll go with...
      CPT T
      Field Artillery
      BDE S3 - Peacemaker 3 - OIF 09
      FSO - 1BCT, 3ID - OIF III

"Loved or Hated... Never Ignored... COLT sticks it deep!"

Comment

Gota say Napolean for me!

Comment

Cesar had a legacy of over four centuries, and he controlled much more of the worlds population percentage wize in his time. So he is no 1 for me.

Besides, all European emperors tried to emulate him afterwards, he was THE European emperor, others were just imitators...
          "SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM" - " If you want peace, prepare for war".

If acted upon in time, ww2 could have been stopped without a single bullet being fired. - Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Napolean was the grand master. Although Ceaser had some stunning victories, they don't compare with the comprhensive record of Nappy.

Comment

Napoleon, Who else!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X