MO Round 2: Ike vs Attila

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MO Round 2: Ike vs Attila

Here are some facts for each player to help you in your voting (From Wikipedia):

Dwight David Eisenhower (born David Dwight Eisenhower, October 14, 1890 - March 28, 1969), nicknamed "Ike," was an American soldier and politician, who served as the thirty-fourth President of the United States (1953-1961). During World War II, he served as Supreme Commander of the Allied forces in Europe, with responsibility for planning and supervising the successful invasion of France and Germany in 1944-45.

Attila the Hun
    Attila (AD 406 - 453) was the monarch of the Hun people from 434 until his death. His empire stretched from the Netherlands to the Ural River and from the Danube River to the Baltic Sea (see map below). During his rule he was one of the most fearsome of the Western and Eastern Roman Empires' enemies: he invaded the Balkans twice, besieging Constantinople on the second invasion; he marched through Gaul (modern day France) as far as Orleans before being defeated at the Battle of Chalons; and he drove the western emperor Valentinian III from his capital at Ravenna in 452.
    Ike
    56.86%
    Attila
    43.14%
    Our forefathers died to give us freedom, not free stuff.

I write books about zombies as E.E. Isherwood. Check me out at ZombieBooks.net.

Sheesh...I gotta remember to come back and vote later?

Okay, Yamamoto got my vote in round one, due to a coin toss induced by my favoritism of tragically doomed underdogs giving their all for their gods, kings, and countries. However, this time around, Ike has less competition. I do like Ike - a lot - though there was some ill-thought out interventionism that his administration was responsible for in the late 50's. Some of it is still reverberating through the present, with our troubles in the Middle East, and in South America. He did, though, seem to wake up to the machinations and manipulations of the Military-Industrial Complex and his speech warning of the dangers to our Republic in allowing it to dominate our foreign policy and lives should be heeded by all right-thinking Americans.

Ike gets this one - easily. Just as soon as the polls open, that is...
    I have no problem at all with being proved wrong. Especially when being proved wrong leaves the world a better place, than being proved right...

Comment

Go Ike! didn't he crush the "huns" during his Crusade in Europe anyway?

Comment

As one who is a great fan of vast all-encompassing skull-crushing empires that show no mercy, The Hun is my pick in this contest.

Dr. S.
        Imagine a ball of iron, the size of the sun. And once a year a tiny sparrow brushes its surface with the tip of its wing. And when that ball of iron, the size of the sun, is worn away to nothing, your punishment will barely have begun.

www.sinisterincorporated.co.uk

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

IKE Takes it all.

HP
          "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor Sinister View Post
            As one who is a great fan of vast all-encompassing skull-crushing empires that show no mercy, The Hun is my pick in this contest.

Dr. S.
            That seals my vote for Attila!
            Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

Attila did a good job, but ultimately he did not defeat his adversary of Rome.

Ike did, however, defeat the Germans arrayed against him.

Ike gets this round.
              Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

Ike hands down. Ike the master at controling all players and setting forth the strategy to defeat Germany against Atilla, who never conquered his enemy. Ike hands down like i said.
                http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...200pixwide.jpg

Kampfgruppe - A Wargaming Clan Since 1998

NorbertSnyderJr.com

Comment

anybody that doesn't vote for Ike, should start reading some history magazines!!! Bob, can I interest you in a subscription?

IKE TAKES IT ALL

HP
                  "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by revans View Post
                    That seals my vote for Attila!
                    When it got down to it the actual vote I went for Ike. Sorry Dr. S, the barbarian loses this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint View Post
                      anybody that doesn't vote for Ike, should start reading some history magazines!!! Bob, can I interest you in a subscription?

IKE TAKES IT ALL

HP
                      Taken to heart!

Comment

I like IKE. He orchestrated the liberation of western Europe through the combined effort of great nations allied together in a single purpose.

And he had better grooming habits than Attila.
                        Kampfgruppe - A war gaming clan since 1998

Comment

I went with Attila, he scared the Romans more than Ike scared the Germans.

Pruitt
                          Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Ike was a great collation builder. Attila tore down everything in his very long path. Give me the man on the horse.
                            Kampfgruppe Vice Kommandir
                            http://www.kampfgruppe.us

Comment

Attila was a king, not a political puppet. He won his own victories and was quick and brutal in doing so. Eisenhower did have one very good move to his name though: he forced the German people to see the concentration camps, because he had the foresight to know that people would deny it. He was a shrewd leader, but not one of the great (or terribly great) leaders as was Attila.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X