No announcement yet.

March Offensive Round 1: Washington vs. Nimitz

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Washington was more of a politician than a general. He lost more battles than he won and was mostly valuable as a moral boosting figure. Nimitz was one of the greatest admirals of all time he won a naval war that he bagan with almost nothing. They were both great but in different ways.
    "Artillery lends dignity to what might otherwise be a vulgar brawl." - Frederick the Great

Comment

Washington salvages the win to sneak into Round 2.
      Our forefathers died to give us freedom, not free stuff.

I write books about zombies as E.E. Isherwood. Check me out at ZombieBooks.net.

Comment

Originally posted by salinator View Post
        Lexington was fought by Minutemen, not the American Continental Army. John Parker was in charge of the small group of 75(?).
        Thanks Sal, I really think we should take a moment to think about and thank the Miniutemen. These guys were were unpaid folks barely getting by, but really understood the idea of Liberty. They were considered criminals (terrorists?) by the English. They proved themselves as a formidbale force alongside the Continental Army.
        "Every man should be his own Guru; every woman her own Gurette" ...Ed Abbey

Comment

Originally posted by Wustenfuchs View Post
          Thanks Sal, I really think we should take a moment to think about and thank the Miniutemen. These guys were were unpaid folks barely getting by, but really understood the idea of Liberty. They were considered criminals (terrorists?) by the English. They proved themselves as a formidbale force alongside the Continental Army.
          Your comment on the Minutemen I find amusing in a cynical sort of way. We love them and claim them as hero's. The British rightfully called them terrorist and insurgents. Now we go to Irag and damn the people for being just like us.

HP
          "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint View Post
            Now we go to Irag and damn the people for being just like us.

HP
            I don't think the Minutemen employed suicide bombers to randomly kill bystanders and non-combatants.

Comment

Originally posted by CyberRanger View Post
              I don't think the Minutemen employed suicide bombers to randomly kill bystanders and non-combatants.

Hard to carry a keg of powder around and not be noticed.

IF they had had the items I'm sure that they would have thought little of walking into Gages Hqs and flatting it, with out taking a head count first.

HP
              "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint View Post
                Hard to carry a keg of powder around and not be noticed.

IF they had had the items I'm sure that they would have thought little of walking into Gages Hqs and flatting it, with out taking a head count first.

HP
                That has to be the biggest load of crap i have ever read here. Dont let your political views about the current American Administration, and their policies in Iraq cloud your views on the American Revolutionary War. They are completely two different wars seperated by hundreds of years.

The Minutemen were basicly a, for lack of a better term, a "National Gaurd" type of unit. They would be called up {hense the national gaurd term} as needed for a battle in their particular area to be used a regular soldiers and scouts, not Terroists. To lump American Revolutionaries into the same catagory and say they had the same mind set with modern day Middle Eastern Terrorists, is an extreme and ridiculous notion.
                http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...200pixwide.jpg

Kampfgruppe - A Wargaming Clan Since 1998

NorbertSnyderJr.com

Comment

GW - Hands down!
                  CPT T
                  Field Artillery
                  BDE S3 - Peacemaker 3 - OIF 09
                  FSO - 1BCT, 3ID - OIF III

"Loved or Hated... Never Ignored... COLT sticks it deep!"

Comment

Latest Topics