Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greatest Westerns FINAL: The Good, The Bad And The Ugly v. The Magnificent Seven

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greatest Westerns FINAL: The Good, The Bad And The Ugly v. The Magnificent Seven

Our final contestants!

Brackets Here.

The Good, The Bad And The Ugly (1966)
    The Good is Blondie, a wandering gunman with a strong personal sense of honor. The Bad is Angel Eyes, a sadistic hitman who always hits his mark. The Ugly is Tuco, a Mexican bandit who's always only looking out for himself. Against the backdrop of the Civil War, they search for a fortune in gold buried in a graveyard. Each knows only a portion of the gold's exact location, so for the moment they're dependent on each other. However, none are particularly inclined to share...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0060196/

The Magnificent Seven (1960)
    A remake of "The Seven Samurai." Seven men are picked to guard a Mexican village from Banditos that come every now and then to take whatever the town has grown since their last visit. When they are hired, they go to the town and teach the villagers how to defend themselves. When the leader of the bandits come, they fight him and his men off. the second time he comes the villagers give the seven to them, due to a heated argument. The leader of the bandits take their guns and throw them out of town he gives them horses and gives their guns back to them when they are far out of town. The seven decide that they aren't going to run, and head back to the village for a final showdown.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0054047/
    The Magnificent Seven
    34.29%
    The Good, The Bad And The Ugly
    65.71%
    Our forefathers died to give us freedom, not free stuff.

I write books about zombies as E.E. Isherwood. Check me out at ZombieBooks.net.

Bah, not the final I had expected two good movies though, gonna vote for The Magnificent Seven, great childhood memories

Comment

Eli Wallach or Eli Wallach? ...Tuco or Calvera???

I'll cast my vote for the 21st best western movie ever made...The Magnificent Seven.

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly is certainly the best of the Spaghetti Westerns...
      Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

To quote another movie:

"There can be only one!"

I congratulate the magnifiscent seven on the second place finish

The Good the Bad and the Ugly is superior in so many ways it is not even funny.

All this spaghetti western hate seriously...

Cheers

Urglin

Comment

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly for me. Thought it would make it to the finals!
          "The blade itself incites to deeds of violence".

Homer

BoRG

Comment

Bill Carson says to vote for "The Good The Bad and The Ugly".

Comment

I call shenanigans! Nothing says American West like a foreign film or a remake of a foreign film!

Comment

I don't think either one belongs here in the finals but so be it, gotta go with M7 over GBU if that's all that's left.
                http://www.ebay.com/usr/froglevelzcool

“The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom." - George S. Patton

Comment

Well as I cannot vote for one of the dozen better movies, my vote goes to The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.

Comment

d****t! I wanted that bloody ribbon! and I missed the 4th round!
                    Sail on Britannia.

Comment

Unforgiven should be here instead of GBU. I can't believe it missed it by like 2 votes. Very distressing. Unforgiven is the greatest western ever.

Comment

Not my top two choices but I 'll go with Yul and Steve.

Sorry Clint.

BTW The Best Western Theme song of all time.
                        Last edited by 2nd Rangers; 02 Feb 09, 23:20.
                        God Save The Republic.

Comment

How did this happen? Both good films but neither the greatest western of them all. Has Al Franken been counting the votes?

Comment

True Grit... but its nice to see my number two and three here.

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly get my vote, if only because i think Tuco is a more interesting character than Calvera.

Wlad
                            The only thing that matters is how well you walk through the fire.
                            Charles Bukowski

Comment

Arr recount! How did Unforgiven lose...............I chose Good bad and ugly

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X