X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greatest Westerns Round 4: Unforgiven v. The Good, The Bad And The Ugly

Brackets Here.

Unforgiven (1992)
    The town of Big Whisky is full of normal people trying to lead quiet lives. Cowboys try to make a living. Sheriff 'Little Bill' tries to build a house and keep a heavy-handed order. The town ****** just try to get by.Then a couple of cowboys cut up a *****. Unsatisfied with Bill's justice, the prostitutes put a bounty on the cowboys. The bounty attracts a young gun billing himself as 'The Schofield Kid', and aging killer William Munny. Munny reformed for his young wife, and has been raising crops and two children in peace. But his wife is gone. Farm life is hard. And Munny is no good at it. So he calls his old partner Ned, saddles his ornery nag, and rides off to kill one more time, blurring the lines between heroism and villainy, man and myth.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0105695/

The Good, The Bad And The Ugly (1966)
    The Good is Blondie, a wandering gunman with a strong personal sense of honor. The Bad is Angel Eyes, a sadistic hitman who always hits his mark. The Ugly is Tuco, a Mexican bandit who's always only looking out for himself. Against the backdrop of the Civil War, they search for a fortune in gold buried in a graveyard. Each knows only a portion of the gold's exact location, so for the moment they're dependent on each other. However, none are particularly inclined to share...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0060196/
    The Good, The Bad And The Ugly
    52.63%
    Unforgiven
    47.37%
    Our forefathers died to give us freedom, not free stuff.

I write books about zombies as E.E. Isherwood. Check me out at ZombieBooks.net.

Unforgiven.
    If the art of war were nothing but the art of avoiding risks,glory would become the prey of mediocre minds. Napoleon

Comment

Unforgiven all the way

Comment

Die Spaghetti Western, DIE!!!!
        http://www.ebay.com/usr/froglevelzcool

“The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom." - George S. Patton

Comment

I love the Good,Bad and Ugly but a Spaghetti Western can not become the Best Western of all time.
          God Save The Republic.

Comment

The climax of Unforgiven is just too good!

Comment

Will there be a Clint verses the Duke showdown?
              God Save The Republic.

Comment

Originally posted by 2nd Rangers View Post
                Will there be a Clint verses the Duke showdown?
                I had one awhile back. Been at least a year, though.
                A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

Originally posted by 2nd Rangers View Post
                  I love the Good,Bad and Ugly but a Spaghetti Western can not become the Best Western of all time.
                  Besides, the whole movie is an anachronism. No wild west staple was in existance, or at the very least common usage, during the civil war. Gunbelts, bandoliers, brass cartridges, none of them belong. I can't identify that repeating rifle Clint is using but I don't think it's the Henry. And the Winchester '76 in For a Few Dollars more is out of place if these movies are meant to be in chronological order. Never mind the fact that there were no large scale Civil War battles that far west. The most notable Arizona Civil War battle was the Battle of Picacho Pass which was a minor skirmish involving only a couple of dozen men total - called battle only for the sake of tourists.
                  A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

Unforgiven for me.

Comment

I went with TGTBTU just to spite Unforgiven. Its overrated.

Comment

"The Good the Bad and the Ugly" is losing, so I've decided to play my trump card for those who may be tettering on which movie to vote for. Not only did Lee Van Cleef play an awesome bad guy, he also starred in that super popular show "The Master" back in 1984 as a Ninja. Everybody knows Ninja dudes are bad! So not only was Lee Van Cleef a great bad guy, he was also a Ninja so make sure to support your local Ninja and vote for "The Good the Bad and the Ugly".

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086756/

Comment

I like both films but went with The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly.
                          "The blade itself incites to deeds of violence".

Homer

BoRG

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt. Rock View Post
                            "The Good the Bad and the Ugly" is losing, so I've decided to play my trump card for those who may be tettering on which movie to vote for. Not only did Lee Van Cleef play an awesome bad guy, he also starred in that super popular show "The Master" back in 1984 as a Ninja. Everybody knows Ninja dudes are bad! So not only was Lee Van Cleef a great bad guy, he was also a Ninja so make sure to support your local Ninja and vote for "The Good the Bad and the Ugly".

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086756/
                            Lee Van Cleef does a good bady guy but I still wasn't impressed by the movie as a whole.

Comment

Unforgiven, I guess it takes another Eastwood movie to knock off TGTB&TU............finally.
                              Lance W.

Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X