Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greatest Westerns Round 3: The Outlaw Josey Wales v. Unforgiven

The Outlaw Josey Wales (1976)
    Josey Wales makes his way west after the Civil War, determined to live a useful and helpful life. He joins up with a group of settlers who need the protection that a man as tough and experienced as he is can provide. Unfortunately, the past has a way of catching up with you, and Josey is a wanted man.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0075029/

Unforgiven (1992)
    The town of Big Whisky is full of normal people trying to lead quiet lives. Cowboys try to make a living. Sheriff 'Little Bill' tries to build a house and keep a heavy-handed order. The town ****** just try to get by.Then a couple of cowboys cut up a *****. Unsatisfied with Bill's justice, the prostitutes put a bounty on the cowboys. The bounty attracts a young gun billing himself as 'The Schofield Kid', and aging killer William Munny. Munny reformed for his young wife, and has been raising crops and two children in peace. But his wife is gone. Farm life is hard. And Munny is no good at it. So he calls his old partner Ned, saddles his ornery nag, and rides off to kill one more time, blurring the lines between heroism and villainy, man and myth.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0105695/
    The Outlaw Josey Wales (1976)
    46.48%
    Unforgiven (1992)
    53.52%

Unforgiven by far.
    "The blade itself incites to deeds of violence".

Homer

BoRG

Comment

I haven't decided yet. This one is leaving me a little flat.

Comment

Unforgiven.

Just about the same film with different titles.
        "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Looks like a tie to me
          I like Dogs far better than most People

As our Supply Sargent once said "If'n you only got one - order one - If'n you got Two - turn one in !! (???)

BoRG

Comment

This was a tough one for me but I had to go with Josey Wales if for no other reason than the higher body count.
            http://www.ebay.com/usr/froglevelzcool

“The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom." - George S. Patton

Comment

Forgive me... going with Unforgiven.

both GREAT movies...

Josey Wales seemed grittier, more substance to the story...

BUT

One of my all time favorite endings in a movie with Unforgiven. WOW!

I go with the more recent Eastwood for this discussion, not by much.

"see you in HELL... "

"yep!"

Comment

As close to a coin toss as it gets. In the end I voted for The Outlaw Josey Wales only because Eastwood didn't get the credit he deserved when it was first released. Both are classic westerns..........
                Lance W.

Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

Josey Wales

Comment

My vote made it 16-16. This is going to be close!

Unforgiven.
                    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

I almost voted for Unforgiven just to bring it closer to a tie, but Josey Wales won out...finally!

Comment

Unforgiven for me. Josey is great, but figure in the better look, sound and feel of Unforgiven and it gets my vote.
                        History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon. Napoleon Bonaparte
                        _________
                        BoRG

Comment

Had to be Unforgiven. Clint had learnt alot by now. Watch them back to back and you'll easily see which is best.
                          How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
                          Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

For anyone with satellite TV and the HD Net Movies channel at 3:30PM (EST) today The Outlaw Josey Wales is being aired in its original 2.35:1 aspect ratio.............I'll be watching at work.
                            Last edited by Lance Williams; 21 Jan 09, 14:41.
                            Lance W.

Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance Williams View Post
                              For anyone with satellite TV and the HD Net Movies channel at 3:30PM (EST) today The Outlaw Josey Wales is being aired in its original 2.35:1 aspect ratio.............I'll be watching at work.
                              Just watched it last week. Same channel. It did look much better. But also refreshed in my mind how bad special effects were back in the day.
                              History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon. Napoleon Bonaparte
                              _________
                              BoRG

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X