Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greatest Westerns Round 2: Tombstone v. Unforgiven

Tombstone (1993)
    A hollywood historical account of Tombstone, Arizona's famed "Shootout at the O.K. Corral" and the events that led up to it. Tension between "the Law" and "the Cowboys" stirs as the Cowboys, led by "Curly Bill" Broscius, accuse the Earps (Wyatt, Virgil, and Morgan) and their outlaw/gambler associate "Doc" Holliday of interefering with their operations inside and outside of town.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0108358/

Unforgiven (1992)
    The town of Big Whisky is full of normal people trying to lead quiet lives. Cowboys try to make a living. Sheriff 'Little Bill' tries to build a house and keep a heavy-handed order. The town ****** just try to get by.Then a couple of cowboys cut up a *****. Unsatisfied with Bill's justice, the prostitutes put a bounty on the cowboys. The bounty attracts a young gun billing himself as 'The Schofield Kid', and aging killer William Munny. Munny reformed for his young wife, and has been raising crops and two children in peace. But his wife is gone. Farm life is hard. And Munny is no good at it. So he calls his old partner Ned, saddles his ornery nag, and rides off to kill one more time, blurring the lines between heroism and villainy, man and myth.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0105695/
    Tombstone (1993)
    40.51%
    Unforgiven (1992)
    59.49%

Tombstone, hands down!

Comment

OOO two modern greats. Tombstone was such a great film though.

Comment

Two entirely different "classes" of movies...

The Unforgiven was a "work of art"...Tombstone is one of my all-time favorite movies.

Tombstone gets my vote.
        Last edited by The Doctor; 13 Jan 09, 13:14.
        Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

This was too close. I deliberated longer than I should have and decided upon Tombstone, tough choice for me but I love Kilmer's portrayal of Holliday.
          http://www.ebay.com/usr/froglevelzcool

“The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom." - George S. Patton

Comment

Unforgiven

Comment

Originally posted by razorboy View Post
              This was too close. I deliberated longer than I should have and decided upon Tombstone, tough choice for me but I love Kilmer's portrayal of Holliday.
              Who doesn't? He was amazing!

Comment

Difficult. Had to go with Unforgiven in the end.

Comment

This is the hardest choice yet.

Tombstone.
                  "The blade itself incites to deeds of violence".

Homer

BoRG

Comment

Originally posted by Psyhcoward View Post
                    Unforgiven
                    Me too. Unforgiven is maybe one of my top five.
                    (Westerns, that is)
                    History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon. Napoleon Bonaparte
                    _________
                    BoRG

Comment

Maybe its time to watch Unforgiven again. I saw it once and it didn't do anything for me, but its beating one of my favorite movies, so....

Comment

Originally posted by Biscuit View Post
                        Maybe its time to watch Unforgiven again. I saw it once and it didn't do anything for me, but its beating one of my favorite movies, so....

A hollywood historical account of Tombstone
                        Says it all for me.

Unforgiven and Clint/Rowdy Yates/Eastwood.

The series ran for eight seasons on the CBS network on Friday nights, from January 9, 1959 to January 4, 1966, with a total of 217 episodes, all filmed and broadcast in black and white. It was produced and sometimes directed by Charles Marquis Warren who also produced early episodes of Gunsmoke. Warren based Rawhide on the movie Cattle Empire that he directed in 1958
                        "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

The Wild West Stripped Bare

Unforgiven gets my vote as a peek at the reality behind the mythology.

"Well Sir, you just killed an unarmed man!"

"He should have armed himself."
                          Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

Comment

Unforgiven....now you understand misery and death and love and a lot more. One of Eastwood's finest.
                            www.writersamuseme.com/stevepark.htm#878116944

Comment

Another very, very hard choice, but in the end as much as I love Tombstone, this huckleberry had to vote for Unforgiven
                              Lance W.

Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X