Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greatest Western Movie Tournament

"What we have here is an opportunity to communicate."

So wrap yer hands around that iron, err, mouse, and start clickin'! This is the place to vote for your favorite Western movies of all time! Galloping alongside the 100 Greatest Westerns movie guide comes this interactive forum tournament, whipped up and corralled by a few of the best cowpokes on these forums.

Four categories of 25 movies each start off the tournament, and it's your chance to take aim and pick off your 8 favorites from each category to choose only the top 32 movies. So don't stand there whistlin' Dixie! Unflap that holster, loosen up that trigger finger, and fire off your vote. What's a'matter, you a yellow-belly?

Eight Best Westerns, 1903-1949

Eight Best Westerns, 1950-1962

Eight Best Westerns, 1962-1973

Eight Best Westerns, 1974-2008
    Last edited by Jim H. Moreno; 05 Dec 08, 09:20.
    Stay Alert, Stay Alive!

Great idea! Good work Jim and Biscuit.
    If the art of war were nothing but the art of avoiding risks,glory would become the prey of mediocre minds. Napoleon

Comment

Most of the credit goes to Blitzpuppy, Siberian Heat, and the staff at Wild West magazine. It was their idea, their list, and mostly their work.

Comment

Originally posted by Biscuit View Post
        Most of the credit goes to Blitzpuppy, Siberian Heat, and the staff at Wild West magazine. It was their idea, their list, and mostly their work.
        Great work all!
        If the art of war were nothing but the art of avoiding risks,glory would become the prey of mediocre minds. Napoleon

Comment

Originally posted by Biscuit View Post
          Agreed. Literally the only thing I did was set up the posts in the forum here. And don't let Biscuit fool you, she did her fair share and then some, so show her some love too!
          Stay Alert, Stay Alive!

Comment

Jim,

Once the field is narrowed down is there some kind of seeding system (I hope) or are they paired at random?
            Lance W.

Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

Of that I am unsure. My understanding is that our very own and much adored Siberian HEAT will be doing something with the final selections.
              Stay Alert, Stay Alive!

Comment

Originally posted by Jim H. Moreno View Post
                Of that I am unsure. My understanding is that our very own and much adored Siberian HEAT will be doing something with the final selections.
                I would highly recommend that the top eight vote getters are seeded...........#8 Vs. #1, #7 Vs. #2, #6 Vs. #3 and #5 Vs. #4. This would keep the top vote getters from the preliminary voting from going head to head in round 1
                Lance W.

Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

Working...
                X