Eight Best Westerns, 1962-1973

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eight Best Westerns, 1962-1973

Welcome to the 100 Greatest Westerns Tournament. We took a list of the 100 best westerns, grouped them by date of release, and then alphabetically. Please vote for the eight best westerns from 1962-1973. The poll may be private, but we look forward to comments and discussion. If some of the titles sound familiar, but you need a brush-up try http://www.imdb.com.

Lonely Are the Brave (1962)
    0.28%
    The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance (1962)
    7.99%
    Ride the High Country (1962)
    1.93%
    A Fistful of Dollars (1964)
    8.26%
    Cat Ballou (1965)
    3.31%
    Major Dundee (1965)
    3.31%
    The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (1966)
    10.19%
    The Professionals (1966)
    3.31%
    Hombre (1967)
    2.20%
    The War Wagon (1967)
    3.58%
    The Way West (1967)
    0.55%
    The Great Silence (1968)
    0.55%
    Hang ’Em High (1968)
    7.16%
    Once Upon a Time in the West (1968)
    5.51%
    Will Penny (1968)
    2.20%
    Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid (1969)
    7.16%
    True Grit (1969)
    8.54%
    Support Your Local Sheriff (1969)
    3.03%
    The Wild Bunch (1969)
    6.61%
    The Ballad of Cable Hogue (1970)
    0.28%
    Little Big Man (1970)
    3.86%
    McCabe and Mrs. Miller (1971)
    0.83%
    Jeremiah Johnson (1972)
    6.89%
    Ulzana’s Raid (1972)
    1.65%
    Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid (1973)
    0.83%
    Last edited by Biscuit; 25 Nov 08, 12:26.

Doh, already see one of the greatest missing from the list: The Shakiest Gun in the West.
    Stay Alert, Stay Alive!

Comment

My favorite one from this bunch is by far The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance. I don't think it will take the win, but it has to make it out in the top 8.

Comment

Hard to say which is my favorite in this category. Wild Bunch,Liberty Valence,The Professionals,Major Dundee,and Once upon a time in the West are all favorites.
        If the art of war were nothing but the art of avoiding risks,glory would become the prey of mediocre minds. Napoleon

Comment

Its a good thing we get 8 votes or there would be some tough choices.

Comment

Paint Your Wagon

Somebody has to show some class here

and where is

Two Mules for Sister Sara?
            "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

The new technology in film and SFX helped Sam Peckinpah bring the reality of what firepower does to the human body in "The Wild Bunch". Up until then, we had to imagine and believe what Hollywood would let us see.

ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
              IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

What the...!?!?!...Hour of the Gun (1967) didn't make the list...

It was *the* best Earp/Clanton movie prior to Tombstone.
                Last edited by The Doctor; 04 Dec 08, 12:33.
                Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Originally posted by Biscuit View Post
                  Welcome to the 100 Greatest Westerns Tournament. We took a list of the 100 best westerns, grouped them by date of release, and then alphabetically. Please vote for the eight best westerns from 1962-1973. The poll may be private, but we look forward to comments and discussion. If some of the titles sound familiar, but you need a brush-up try http://www.imdb.com.

ah hell why not ...it'll be my first ACG medal...ntl some good choices; Major Dundee being superb, altho not my no. one.....that would have been anything with the Duke....otoh J Johnson was outstanding... unfortunately Redford sucked as the lead....now back to the tiswin.

Comment

Wind River with Heston

Comment

I am the only one so far to have voted for the Great Silence, so believe I'm the only to have actually seen it out of the voters so far . Klaus Kinski is great, and the original ending astonishingly fantastic .

As a kid I used to like that one with the Dinosaur - 'The Valley of the Gwangi'. Cowboys verses Dinosaurs, whats not to like !
                      How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
                      Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

I'm very biased here. Jeremiah Johnson is one of my top 5 movies of all time. But it probably won't win.
                        Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

Originally posted by R. Evans View Post
                          I'm very biased here. Jeremiah Johnson is one of my top 5 movies of all time. But it probably won't win.
                          yepp it was a good one.... Redford (as noted elsewhere)sucked.

Comment

Originally posted by Centrix Vigilis View Post
                            yepp it was a good one.... Redford (as noted elsewhere)sucked.

We'll have to disagree on this one CV. I thought he was perfect for the role.

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

Originally posted by R. Evans View Post
                              Same here! Now if you could be a Steeler fan I might take a liking to ya

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X