Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greatest Spy Movies Round 4: THE BOURNE TRILOGY vs. THE ODESSA FILE

The Jason Bourne Trilogy
    The character of Bourne in the films is a very quick-thinking, linear type of person who moves quickly and brutally towards his goal. He gives the impression of someone who has been severely traumatized and who is suffering from paranoia. He is tormented by fragment memories of his past. He is highly adept at hand-to-hand combat. He also shows an immediate ability to utilize lateral thinking to solve problems. He sometimes uses improvised weapons, for example using a pen to stab an assassin in The Bourne Identity and using a book and a towel in The Bourne Ultimatum. He is shown using tactical improvisation such as using a fan, torch light and tape to fake his location (The Bourne Ultimatum) and gas, a toaster and a magazine to cause an explosion (Bourne Supremacy). He is also proficient with firearms, explosives, electronics and evasive protocols — for moving, driving, and the like.

The Bourne Identity (2002)
    The Bourne Supremacy (2004)
    The Bourne Ultimatum (2007)

The Odessa File
    The plot begins on November 22, 1963, the day John F. Kennedy was assassinated. Peter Miller, a young German reporter, happens to see an ambulance on a highway. He chases the ambulance and discovers it is en route to pick up the body of an elderly Jewish Holocaust survivor who had committed suicide, leaving behind no family. The reporter obtains the diary of the man, which contains information on his life in the World War II camps, and the names of members of the SS who ran the camp. Miller is startled to read in it that an SS officer, Eduard Roschmann, had in anger fatally shot a fellow officer whose description and rare military decorations matched those of Miller's father, who was killed in the war. Now determined to hunt Roschmann down and get revenge, Miller dares to go undercover to join and infiltrate the ODESSA and find Roschmann.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0071935/
    The Bourne Trilogy
    35.56%
    The Odessa File
    64.44%

The poll is expired.

Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.- Napoleon

It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.- Herman Melville

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

BORG

At this point, I have a hate on for the Bourne films so I vote for The Odessa File. Fortunately, that wasn't a bad film.

Comment

At least Odessa is a true spy film. I enjoyed the Bourne films very much. But they aren't up to the quality of the story in Odessa.
      History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon. Napoleon Bonaparte
      _________
      BoRG

Comment

The Odessa File but with reluctance.
        Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

I had hoped some other films that I consider superior to all these would have made it this far, but................

Comment

Went Bourne as more enjoyable imo, but Odessa is the better and more true spy movie .
            How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
            Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

Odessa. Any chance to sink the Bourne Trilogy.
              BoRG
              "... and that was the last time they called me Freakboy Moses"

Comment

Why oh why won't the Bourne movies die???
                Bill

"God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy"

Billy Currington

Comment

I'm for Bourne... I'm feeling stupid and alone...
                  A ME LE GUARDIE
                  "Di noi treṃ la nostra vecchia gloria. Tre secoli di fede e una vittoria". Gabriele D'Annunzio

Comment

I love The Bourne trilogy, however It was always puzzling how he travels the world in two hours.
                    “Come and take it!"

Comment

Originally posted by Granatiere View Post
                      I'm for Bourne... I'm feeling stupid and alone...
                      Don't be. I'm siding with you against the odds, my trusted friend; like we were in the red Lambda'ed phalanx, singing the paean
                      BoRG

You may not be interested in War, but War is interested in You - Leon Trotski, June 1919.

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSennef View Post
                        Don't be. I'm siding with you against the odds, my trusted friend; like we were in the red Lambda'ed phalanx, singing the paean
                        It seems I can't give you rep for this post... Thank Jeroen! I really appreciate your offer of singing the paean
                        A ME LE GUARDIE
                        "Di noi treṃ la nostra vecchia gloria. Tre secoli di fede e una vittoria". Gabriele D'Annunzio

Comment

I'll go with BOURNE if only for the mere length of the entire trilogy...
                          ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
                          IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

Went with Odessa, but it won't beat Manchurian!
                            Satis elouquentiae sapientiae parum

Diadochi Wars GAME:http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...d.php?t=140484

Comment

As much as I enjoyed both films here The Spy Who Came In From The Cold should be in the final imo .

How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
                              Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X