Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Greatest Spy Movies Round 4: THE MANCHURIAN CANDIDATE vs FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Greatest Spy Movies Round 4: THE MANCHURIAN CANDIDATE vs FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE

The Manchurian Candidate

In Korea in 1952, a US Army patrol is ambushed by Communist soldiers. A year later the squad, having escaped, returns to the US, where Staff Sergeant Raymond Shaw is to receive the Medal of Honor for single-handedly saving the lives of the squad. Shaw is the son of Elanor Iselin, wife of US Senator John Yerkes Iselin, and Mrs. Iselin turns the return of Raymond into a political rally that brings out building hostility between son and mother over the ambitions of Johnny Iselin. But there is more involved, for the actions of Raymond Shaw are not what everyone believes they are, and the nightmares of a US Army officer, Bennett Marco, leads to investigation of Raymond that unlocks a stunning political conspiracy that sweeps up Johnny and Elanor Iselin, and which only Bennett Marco can possibly stop.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0056218/plotsummary

From Russia with Love

James Bond 007 is on the search for a Russian decoding machine, known as Lektor. Bond needs to find this machine, before the evil SPECTRE organization discovers it first. Whilst being romantically linked with Russian girl, Tatiana Romanova, Bond sneaks his way around Istanbul, whilst each SPECTRE agent tries to pick him off, including the over powering Donald 'Red' Grant and ex-KGB agent Rosa Klebb who knows all the tricks in the books and even possesses an incredible poison tipped shoe!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0057076/
    THE MANCHURIAN CANDIDATE
    65.22%
    FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE
    34.78%

The poll is expired.

On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

This was a tough one.

Comment

I don't really like Bond films, so an easy choice for me.
      History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon. Napoleon Bonaparte
      _________
      BoRG

Comment

Kudos for the best Bond "spy" film making it this far but it's time to go. Manchurian Candidate is clearly the better film here.
        Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

Again, I am not happy with my choices..........

Comment

Both good. Equal imo so went patriotic thus best Bond .
            How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
            Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

Manchurian, my Fav Bond already went by the wayside.
              BoRG
              "... and that was the last time they called me Freakboy Moses"

Comment

Manchurian Candidate - It was a hard choice for me here as I have been voting for both but I think I like the Manchurian Candidate better.
                Bill

"God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy"

Billy Currington

Comment

The Manchurian Candidate is the best spy movie in this contest. A finalist for sure.
                  God Save The Republic.

Comment

I'm going with FRWL..(Bond...James Bond) Come on! Sean Connery, that luscious Italian actress who played Tatiana, Lotte Lenye as the thugiferous Rosa Klebb with the special orthotics. Actual location shots, that great boat chase...who wouldn't pick it? TMC seems to me more of a thriller than a spy story. That, plus the fact that I think Frank Sinatra should have stuck to crooning and the Rat Pack.
                    ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
                    IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

Manchurian! No brainer!
                      Satis elouquentiae sapientiae parum

Diadochi Wars GAME:http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...d.php?t=140484

Comment

Stay neutral (till I find a compelling argument
                        BoRG

You may not be interested in War, but War is interested in You - Leon Trotski, June 1919.

Comment

I've got to go with Bond on this one, so From Russia with Love all the way
                          "With great authority comes great responsibility."

Comment

Both of my movies have failed me 1st bourne now Bond. From Russia With Love!!!
                            God didnít create evil. Evil is the result of when man does not have God's love in his heart.It's the cold when there is no heat.The darkness that comes when there is no light

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                            X