Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Torien
    replied
    Round 3 is over. Round four will launch in the next few days...

Leave a comment:

• DeltaOne
    replied
    I chose From Russia With Love. Story is far more reasonable.

Leave a comment:

• R. Evans
    replied
    Originally posted by Arthwys View Post
    Goldfinger, just has to be. Who can argue with Pussy Galore?

"Do you expect me to talk?"

"NO Mr. Bond, I expect you to Die!"
    Even though I voted for Russia, that was a classic line.

Leave a comment:

• Granatiere
    replied
    Originally posted by MajorSennef View Post
    Easy one for a change. 'From Russia with love'
    This is a real stylish movie all by itself, not a churn out from the 'Bond' mill. Believable action at a human scale, not the world threat formula yet. As for the Bond girl, she’s not just window dressing the film could do well without, but an essential part of the plot. Villains stick to memory: e.g. in the realistic fight in the Orient Express or Rosa Kleb with her shoes.
    ‘Goldfinger’ by contrast has far less taste and because of lack of character doesn’t leave such an impression.
    Yup for Jeroen!

Leave a comment:

• Torien
    replied

Great reasons. Good enough for me!

Leave a comment:

• michammer
    replied
    Originally posted by Legatus Augusti View Post
    Goldfinger got my vote here.
    Mine too.

Leave a comment:

• Legatus Augusti
    replied

Goldfinger got my vote here.

Leave a comment:

• Lance Williams
    replied
    Originally posted by MajorSennef View Post
    This is a real stylish movie all by itself, not a churn out from the 'Bond' mill. Believable action at a human scale, not the world threat formula yet. As for the Bond girl, she’s not just window dressing the film could do well without, but an essential part of the plot. Villains stick to memory: e.g. in the realistic fight in the Orient Express or Rosa Kleb with her shoes.
    ‘Goldfinger’ by contrast has far less taste and because of lack of character doesn’t leave such an impression.
    I think Jeroen nailed my take on this competition. Robert Shaw as a bad guy, that's tough to beat.

Leave a comment:

• Jose50
    replied
    FRWL is the obvious choice here. More spies than three 'Casablancas' and a great plot, too. Not to mention the great Lotte Lenye as Rosa Kleb (now THAT's a kick in the pants!)

Leave a comment:

• Colonel Sennef
    replied
    From Russia

Leave a comment:

• R. Evans
    replied
    Another Bond vs. Bond matchup. Russia for me. It does have the more believable and realistic plot.

Leave a comment:

• Arthwys
    replied

Leave a comment:

• The Greatest Spy Movies Round 3: GOLDFINGER vs FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE

GOLDFINGER
    36.17%
    FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE
    63.83%
    Goldfinger

The powerful tycoon Auric Goldfinger has initiated "Operation Grand Slam," a cataclysmic scheme to raid Fort Knox and obliterate the world economy. James Bond, armed with his specially equipped Aston Martin (its accessory package includes built-in machine guns, a smoke screen and an ejector seat), must stop the plan by overcoming several outrageous adversaries. First there's Oddjob, the mute servant who kills at the toss of a lethal hat; next, the beautiful Jill Masterson, who gives new meaning to the phrase "golden girl"; and finally, sexy pilot Pussy Galore, whose romantic feelings for Bond complicate her involvement in Goldfinger's high-flying scheme.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0058150/plotsummary

From Russia with Love

James Bond willingly falls into an assassination ploy involving a naive Russian beauty in order to retrieve a Soviet encryption device that was stolen by SPECTRE.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0057076/

BoRG

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X