Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greatest Spy Movies Round 3: CLEAR & PRESENT DANGER vs. THE ODESSA FILE

Clear and Present Danger

Jack Ryan is back and this time the bad guys are in his own government. When Admiral James Greer becomes sick with cancer, Ryan is appointed acting CIA Deputy Director of Intelligence. Almost before he can draw a breath in his new position, one of the president's closest friends and his family are murdered in their sleep by what appears to by drug cartels. Ryan is called in to investigate, but unknown to him the CIA has already sent a secret field operative to lead an illegal paramilitary force in Colombia against cartels. Things get even more complicated when his team is set up and he loses and agent in the field and a friend of his wife's, who was the murdered agent's secretary is murdered that same day. Ryan must then risk not only his career, but his life to expose the truth behind the mystery.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0109444/

The Odessa File
    The plot begins on November 22, 1963, the day John F. Kennedy was assassinated. Peter Miller, a young German reporter, happens to see an ambulance on a highway. He chases the ambulance and discovers it is en route to pick up the body of an elderly Jewish Holocaust survivor who had committed suicide, leaving behind no family. The reporter obtains the diary of the man, which contains information on his life in the World War II camps, and the names of members of the SS who ran the camp. Miller is startled to read in it that an SS officer, Eduard Roschmann, had in anger fatally shot a fellow officer whose description and rare military decorations matched those of Miller's father, who was killed in the war. Now determined to hunt Roschmann down and get revenge, Miller dares to go undercover to join and infiltrate the ODESSA and find Roschmann.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0071935/
    Clear and Present Danger
    37.50%
    The Odessa File
    62.50%
    Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.- Napoleon

It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.- Herman Melville

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

BORG

Odessa over C&PD, no question
    BoRG
    "... and that was the last time they called me Freakboy Moses"

Comment

Originally posted by Arthwys View Post
      Odessa over C&PD, no question
      Exactly.
      Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

Clear and Present Danger does it for me. Jack Ryan caught up in US intrigue in the Executive Office, no less...
        Last edited by Jose50; 26 Jan 10, 10:55.
        ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
        IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

Big fan of J Ryan but Odessa beats it.
          "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
            Big fan of J Ryan but Odessa beats it.
            Ditto.
            Lance W.

Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

I agree. C&PD is good, but Odessa is the better film.
              Satis elouquentiae sapientiae parum

Diadochi Wars GAME:http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...d.php?t=140484

Comment

Odessa for me.

Comment

Originally posted by jose50 View Post
                  Clear and Present Danger does it for me. Jack Ryan caught up in US intrigue in the Executive Office, no less...
                  I agree on this one.
                  History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon. Napoleon Bonaparte
                  _________
                  BoRG

Comment

I really like Harrison Ford as an actor and in this type of role, his star really shines. Clear and Present Danger was a great show BUT I had to go with the Odessa File.

O.F. was and still is a classic. The story line is tight. I would love to see a modern remake of it.
                    "War is hell, but actual combat is a motherf#cker"
                    - Col. David Hackworth

Comment

Round 3 is ended. Next round will begin sometime soon...
                      History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon. Napoleon Bonaparte
                      _________
                      BoRG

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X