Greatest Spy Movies Round 3: THE GUNS OF NAVARONE V. THE BOURNE TRILOGY

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Arthwys View Post
    I can't believe that this is tied... The holywood hash of the Bourne trilogy over Guns of Navarone?

If they'd actually tried to follow the books then maybe Bourne, but not the way then actually presented them. It's an insult to some of Ludlum's best work.
    I couldn't agree more Shawn. I've been voting as much against the Bourne trilogy for this same reason. About the only thing these movies stayed true to in Ludlums books was the lead character's name.
    Bill

"God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy"

Billy Currington

Comment

I think the Bourne Trilogy votes should be divided in 3 since it is 3 films against 1.
      Eagles may fly; but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines!

"I'm not expendable; I'm not stupid and I'm not going." - Kerr Avon, Blake's 7

Comment

Originally posted by RichardS View Post
        I think the Bourne Trilogy votes should be divided in 3 since it is 3 films against 1.
        I don't see the point. It's not that the Bourne films are bad. Each of the three is actually pretty good and better than most of the action films out there.

They're just not spy movies.

Comment

Originally posted by DingBat View Post
          I don't see the point. It's not that the Bourne films are bad. Each of the three is actually pretty good and better than most of the action films out there.

They're just not spy movies.
          You're still comparing 3 movies against 1. If each movie can't stand on its own than why include all 3??? It would be like comparing the SWs (1st three movies released) with Forbidden Planet. Forbidden Planet should lose against all 3 and that is unfair to the movie.
          Eagles may fly; but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines!

"I'm not expendable; I'm not stupid and I'm not going." - Kerr Avon, Blake's 7

Comment

Originally posted by RichardS View Post
            You're still comparing 3 movies against 1. If each movie can't stand on its own than why include all 3??? It would be like comparing the SWs (1st three movies released) with Forbidden Planet. Forbidden Planet should lose against all 3 and that is unfair to the movie.
            You can make the case that the Bourne movies are really one move. A 6-hour movie split into 3 parts. They do finish the story of Bourne and the various CIA plots that were happening. I agree that it's not really fair to have 3 vs. 1 but that's how the poll was set up.
            Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

Originally posted by R. Evans View Post
              You can make the case that the Bourne movies are really one move. A 6-hour movie split into 3 parts. They do finish the story of Bourne and the various CIA plots that were happening. I agree that it's not really fair to have 3 vs. 1 but that's how the poll was set up.
              Take any of the three then and it would still be the better movie.
              "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
                Take any of the three then and it would still be the better movie.
                I agree completely. I like Guns but as far as Spy movies go, the Bournes are better.
                Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

The poll for round 3 voting has been closed. Voting for round 4 will begin shortly...
                  History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon. Napoleon Bonaparte
                  _________
                  BoRG

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X