Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You folks need another bracket for those that were missed.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardS View Post
      I can't believe that Hunt For Red October hasn't been in any of the brackets so far.
      ..but surely thats more of an action film Ricko..???

Comment

Sounds like a good time... Gonna go check em out!
        CPT T
        Field Artillery
        BDE S3 - Peacemaker 3 - OIF 09
        FSO - 1BCT, 3ID - OIF III

"Loved or Hated... Never Ignored... COLT sticks it deep!"

Comment

Originally posted by galland View Post
          ..but surely thats more of an action film Ricko..???
          Well in HFRO the CIA plays a predominate part. But who said a spy movie can't be an action film too?
          Eagles may fly; but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines!

"I'm not expendable; I'm not stupid and I'm not going." - Kerr Avon, Blake's 7

What didn't kill us; didn't make us smarter.

Comment

This is great, but wow you need to either add a bonus round, or redo a round.

Please add in the following movies:

The Tailor of Panama
            http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093640/

No Way Out (Super Double Bonus Points because Kevin Costner actually acts in this movie).

The Good Shepherd
            http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0343737/

Also,

As a funny Spy movie- this one is one of the funniest I have ever seen (If you don't mind subtitles, or understand French)

OSS 177: Cairo Nest of Spies
            http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0464913/
            Last edited by Weaves; 08 Dec 09, 07:17.

Comment

Originally posted by Weaves View Post
              This is great, but wow you need to either add a bonus round, or redo a round.

Please add in the following movies:

The Tailor of Panama

No Way Out (Super Double Bonus Points because Kevin Costner actually acts in this movie).

The Good Shepherd
              http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0343737/

Also,

As a funny Spy movie- this one is one of the funniest I have ever seen (If you don't mind subtitles, or understand French)

OSS 177: Cairo Nest of Spies
              http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0464913/
              I wish we could add some in, but the dye is cast.

No Way Out is one of my favorites. Costner wasn't too bad in that one.
              History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon. Napoleon Bonaparte
              _________
              BoRG

Comment

American History magazine - one of many Weider History Group publications - came up with the list and will feature all of these movies in a special collectors issue due to hit the stands on December 8th.

These Preliminary Polls will decide the 32 that will constitute the Official Armchair Attacks - Greatest Spy Movie Campaign. They will remain open until December 13 such that those which might discover us through the magazine may also participate in the Campaign selections.

I'd like to take this chance to commend Heather (Biscuit) for her previous work on the Great Western Campaign, as well as her initial leadership in getting this run-up ready. She ably did so with the enthusiastic help of the newest member of AA Forum, Torien, the venerable creativity of AA gamemaster Stratego & Salinator, volunteering selflessly from his duties in WTTA, among others not yet so obviously seen. For those that do not yet know, Heather now must prepare herself for likely one of the greatest adventures in her own life as she leaves us for a time to pursue her Naval dreams...

We shall surely miss her while she is gone, and long for the day of her return a few months hense...

Give em hell, Lass!

And many thanx to each & all responsible!

I hope all will join me in thanking they that have/will join in providing & producing the coming campaign by having a wonderfully great time in the coming clash of Spy Movie Titans... None are required to make this happen... they do so - whether openly seen, or entirely hidden behind the scene - because they all enjoy the rush of making this community happy in the conduct of the coming battles to the last one standing.

Yeah, I know... that does sound kinda corny... but I know ya get me point!

I'd also like to gratefully point to the lesser seen, but most obvious of sources for this particular campaigns topicality, substance & opportunity:

Eric Weider - Publisher/President - Weider History Group

Siberian HEAT (Brian King) - Director of Internet Operations - Weider History Group

Gerald Swick (Blitzpuppy) - Senior Web Editor - Weider History Group

I believe I can speak for the rest of our dedicated Staff & the community itself by saying...

You Guys RAWK!

On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

Bravo to all those who put themselves into getting this campaign up and running
                  Captain Khryses, Silver Star Omnilift Wing

Comment

Well I think I buggered the polls, I only got one vote in each...4 of 8

D'OH! who do I bribe to get a Poll re-do.. or just bribe to get in?
                    BoRG
                    "... and that was the last time they called me Freakboy Moses"

Comment

I think The Good Shephard deserved to be on the list as well as one or two of the Peter Lorre Mr. Moto movies.
                      Terrific list! But I fear current movies are going to have the edge in voting, simply because they've been seen.

Comment

Originally posted by tom491 View Post
                        I think The Good Shephard deserved to be on the list as well as one or two of the Peter Lorre Mr. Moto movies.
                        Terrific list! But I fear current movies are going to have the edge in voting, simply because they've been seen.
                        Ah! indeed they may very well, but as you may agree that does not mean they are better movies than the 'Classics', and I'm finding many votes for them as well.
                        BoRG
                        "... and that was the last time they called me Freakboy Moses"

Comment

How about "Bullet to Beijing"? I have always liked that one.
                          "War is hell, but actual combat is a motherf#cker"
                          - Col. David Hackworth

Comment

Originally posted by Khryses View Post
                            Bravo to all those who put themselves into getting this campaign up and running
                            Amen to that !!!!!!!!!!!!!

May I suggest a design for the ribbon? How about a jet black ribbon without any decoration. Boring but inconspicuous.
                            God Save The Republic.

Comment

whattya think?

Nah...equal vertical stripes of black/redblack...

ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
                              IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

Originally posted by 2nd Rangers View Post
                                Amen to that !!!!!!!!!!!!!

May I suggest a design for the ribbon? How about a jet black ribbon without any decoration. Boring but inconspicuous.
                                If you're designing a ribbon for spies, I'd suggest nothing but grey.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X