Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

And The New Campaign Is....

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Oh yeah, almost forgot...

    The new campaign is open for voting!
    History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon. Napoleon Bonaparte
    _________
    BoRG
    __________
    "I am Arthur, King of the Britons!"

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by Torien View Post
      Oh yeah, almost forgot...

      The new campaign is open for voting!
      That's great but one quibble. Where was the PM notice to everyone? There was one for every other contest for the beginning and when the rounds were ending and new ones starting.
      Last edited by R. Evans; 03 Dec 09, 04:51.
      Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

      Comment


      • #33
        This is the Preliminaries, Bob...

        There is no requirement to vote in them for the Ribbon.

        The actual run for the Greatest Spy Movie Campaign Ribbon begins with the Tourney, and beginning with the Prelims, each will last 10 days so notice by PM wasn't really all that big a deal. I wouldn't be surprised if the Prelims stayed open 15 days such as to give the American History magazine readers a week to chime in on all 100 after it hits the stands...


        On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

        ACG History Today

        BoRG

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by Admiral View Post
          This is the Preliminaries, Bob...

          There is no requirement to vote in them for the Ribbon.

          The actual run for the Greatest Spy Movie Campaign Ribbon begins with the Tourney, and beginning with the Prelims, each will last 10 days so notice by PM wasn't really all that big a deal. I wouldn't be surprised if the Prelims stayed open 15 days such as to give the American History magazine readers a week to chime in on all 100 after it hits the stands...


          Ah...okay. I got a little confused. Seems to happen quite a bit.
          Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

          Comment


          • #35
            So where is it? The only new vote I'm seeing is for the greatest spy movie. Is that actually the "campaign"?
            Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

            Comment


            • #36
              OK - now I'm rally confused. do we vote in each round such as A, B, C, etc. or only for eight total out of all of those?
              Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

              Comment


              • #37
                8 in each Prelim - A,B,C & D...

                This ties in with the American History magazine Biscuit mentioned...

                It hits the stands in 2 days & we will allow 5 more days after that for those that find us through it to help narrow the 100 down to the actual Campaigns 32 Contenders...

                The Ribbons will not become a factor until the actual 32 have been selected & the Campaign begins.



                On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

                ACG History Today

                BoRG

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by Admiral View Post
                  8 in each Prelim - A,B,C & D...

                  This ties in with the American History magazine Biscuit mentioned...

                  It hits the stands in 2 days & we will allow 5 more days after that for those that find us through it to help narrow the 100 down to the actual Campaigns 32 Contenders...

                  The Ribbons will not become a factor until the actual 32 have been selected & the Campaign begins.



                  YARR! I have buggered the Poll... do this mean I be Buggered for the Campaign? I be hoping 'tis not so.

                  Please advise if there be anyway I can make amends or just Bribe- I mean Pay tribute to get my wiley way weasled into the Game.
                  BoRG
                  "... and that was the last time they called me Freakboy Moses"

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Nah... the requirement of voting for AT LEAST one Match in each of 5 Rounds does not begin until the Greatest Spy Movie Campaign actually begins from 32 contenders. 'A, B, C & D' are merely the Prelims among the 100 from the American History Special Edition which just hit the stands.

                    No worries, mate!

                    Until the Command of 'ATTACK, ATTACK, ATTACK' or some facimile is given, you're fine.


                    On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

                    ACG History Today

                    BoRG

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by Admiral View Post
                      Nah... the requirement of voting for AT LEAST one Match in each of 5 Rounds does not begin until the Greatest Spy Movie Campaign actually begins from 32 contenders. 'A, B, C & D' are merely the Prelims among the 100 from the American History Special Edition which just hit the stands.

                      No worries, mate!

                      Until the Command of 'ATTACK, ATTACK, ATTACK' or some facimile is given, you're fine.


                      WHew!
                      BoRG
                      "... and that was the last time they called me Freakboy Moses"

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by Admiral View Post
                        8 in each Prelim - A,B,C & D...

                        This ties in with the American History magazine Biscuit mentioned...

                        It hits the stands in 2 days & we will allow 5 more days after that for those that find us through it to help narrow the 100 down to the actual Campaigns 32 Contenders...

                        The Ribbons will not become a factor until the actual 32 have been selected & the Campaign begins.



                        So this is my Q.

                        When is the approximate date the true Campaign begins? From your Post which was on the 8th said 2 days + 5. It will begin the 15th? or will it be 16th? I keep scrambling down here to see it and make sure i never missed the start of this campaign. (This campaign slips my mind then something clicks right after i log off or about to )
                        God didnít create evil. Evil is the result of when man does not have God's love in his heart.It's the cold when there is no heat.The darkness that comes when there is no light

                        Comment

                        Latest Topics

                        Collapse

                        Working...
                        X