Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dashy View Post
    Churchill No.1

SHerman, Valentine, T-34 and M4 at excellent.

the rest at good, cept the cats (Tiggers 1&2 and Panther) once more who get big fat 0's
    Thanks Scott.

The five placing brackets for this criterion are:

Highly effective (16 points)
    Good (12 points)
    Fair (8 points)
    Somewhat wasteful (4 points)
    Very wasteful (0 points)

Given those brackets and your directions, I have placed Valentine, T-34 and M4 Medium into 'Highly effective' for 16 points each; and Tiger I, Panther and Tiger II have all gone into 'Very wasteful' for 0 points each. The remainder, at this stage, I've left to the 'default' average method. However, if you want to give me more specific directions on any of the tanks, or change anything to another bracket, please let me know.
    "England expects that every man will do his duty!" (English crew members had better get ready for a tough fight against the combined French and Spanish fleets because that's what England expects! However, Scotland, Wales and Ireland appear to expect nothing so the Scottish, Welsh and Irish crew members can relax below decks if they like!)

Comment

• Final Scores for 'Production & Resources'

Final Scores for the 'Production & Resources' poll:

1st - T-34 (18.6)
      2nd - M4 Medium (17.5)
      3rd - Valentine (14.5)
      4th - PzKpfw 38(t) (14)
      5th - Churchill (13)
      Equal 6th - PzKpfw III and PzKpfw IV (12)
      7th - M3 Medium (11.6)
      8th - BT-5/7 (11.3)
      9th - IS-2 (10.5)
      10th - Cromwell (9.6)
      Equal 11th - Somua S-35 and Type 97 (8.8)
      12th - Matilda II (8)
      13th - M 13-40 (6.8)
      14th - Panther (6.5)
      15th - KV-1 (5.2)
      16th - Tiger I (5.1)
      17th - Char B-1 bis (4.8)
      18th - Crusader (4.4)
      19th - Tiger II (0.4)

Comments:

Again in this poll, no great surprises IMO at the very top; another scuffle between the M4 and the T-34; and certainly no surprise for Tiger II to bottom out against this criterion.

What do you think of the others? I'm raising an eyebrow as to why the Panther - which didn't get a brilliant score here anyway (and why would it) is still 4 rungs above the Crusader for Production & Resources? Or is that just me? Could it be that despite its shortcomings the Panther gave a better account of itself in battle and was therefore somewhat less of a resource sink? Not that I'm saying I necessarily think this is the only possible explanation for the difference, by any means.

You guys tell me what you think.
      Last edited by panther3485; 12 Aug 12, 09:00.
      "England expects that every man will do his duty!" (English crew members had better get ready for a tough fight against the combined French and Spanish fleets because that's what England expects! However, Scotland, Wales and Ireland appear to expect nothing so the Scottish, Welsh and Irish crew members can relax below decks if they like!)

Comment

• If I had a choice between commanding a unit of Panthers at any point in its career versus being in charge of a similar number of Crusaders...

Your thought seems plausible to me.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X