Final Scores for the 'Value to Allied/Axis Cause' poll:

1st - M4 Medium (27.4)
    2nd - T-34 (27.2)
    3rd - PzKpfw IV (25.7)
    4th - PzKpfw III (22.9)
    5th - Churchill (20)
    6th - Panther (18)
    7th - Valentine (17.8)
    Equal 8th - PzKpfw 38(t) and Tiger I (17.3)
    9th - IS-2 (17.2)
    10th - Matilda II (15.6)
    11th - M3 Medium (14.1)
    12th - KV-1 (13.6)
    13th - Cromwell (11.9)
    14th - BT-5/7 (11.2)
    15th - Somua S-35 (9.7)
    16th - Type 97 (8.7)
    17th - Char B-1 bis (6.6)
    18th - Crusader (5.9)
    19th - M 13-40 (5.2)
    20th - Tiger II (3.3)

Comments:

That the M4 and T-34 should be vying for top spot here, is obvious IMO. PzKpfw IV in third slot also pretty much a given, I think. After that it becomes gradually more shades of grey to me but I think Tiger II at the bottom is a fair call, given the results the Germans got from it vs the cost of manufacturing, deploying, supplying and maintaining it.

Waddaya say, guys?
    Last edited by panther3485; 12 Aug 12, 08:00.
    "England expects that every man will do his duty!" (English crew members had better get ready for a tough fight against the combined French and Spanish fleets because that's what England expects! However, Scotland, Wales and Ireland appear to expect nothing so the Scottish, Welsh and Irish crew members can relax below decks if they like!)

Comment

I think the M13/40 is a little hard done by as it (and the related M14/41 & M15/42) was the workhorse for the Axis in the desert. It was certainly a match for the Crusader, even if the armour quality was rubbish. With over 2000 of all three types made, it can't be that bad.

Comment

Originally posted by broderickwells View Post
        I think the M13/40 is a little hard done by as it (and the related M14/41 & M15/42) was the workhorse for the Axis in the desert. It was certainly a match for the Crusader, even if the armour quality was rubbish. With over 2000 of all three types made, it can't be that bad.
        I think the M 13-40 gets it tough in quite a few of these polls. It was no great tank by any stretch but IMO it was in some respectes not as bad as many seem to think. In 1941 the armament was quite respectable.
        "England expects that every man will do his duty!" (English crew members had better get ready for a tough fight against the combined French and Spanish fleets because that's what England expects! However, Scotland, Wales and Ireland appear to expect nothing so the Scottish, Welsh and Irish crew members can relax below decks if they like!)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X