X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• panther3485
    replied
    Originally posted by JBark View Post
    My thinking was English was spoken by...the English, and english by those other folks,,,Americans, Canadians, Aussies.
    Yep, you got that right enough.

Leave a comment:

• JBark
    replied
    Originally posted by panther3485 View Post
    I guess if he can say English and english, he might just as easily say French and french. (Pssssstttt!!! Take another look at his post, brod. )
    My thinking was English was spoken by...the English, and english by those other folks,,,Americans, Canadians, Aussies.

Leave a comment:

• JBark
    replied
    Originally posted by broderickwells View Post
    And French
    French is there. French is way too important to me to be left out (I married a French woman.)

Leave a comment:

• JBark
    replied
    Thanks, John. Scores are now recorded.

... and you can add Chinese to the list of languages.
    Thanks. I'm very bad on the PTO.

Leave a comment:

• panther3485
    replied
    Originally posted by Dashy View Post
    Went T-34, if you have no Sherman the W Allies might take longer to get to Berlin, no T-34's and the Germans drink schnapps in Moscow come 1942 (the BT and KV series were decent enough, but no real replacement for the T-34).

The rest list as thus

Excellent- M4, PZ IV

good PZ III, Churchill, IS 2

the remainder get a 12 for being reasonable, due mainly to lack of actual knowledge of the strategic knowledge for most :sheepish:
    Thanks Scott.

Regarding the first group you described as "Excellent", I have taken this to mean Very High (24 points).

For the remainder you are not sure about, if you prefer you could just leave them blank and then the number entered into each place for you will be the average of what other members have scored for those tanks. Let me know if you want to do that.

Leave a comment:

• panther3485
    replied
    Originally posted by broderickwells View Post
    And French
    I guess if he can say English and english, he might just as easily say French and french. (Pssssstttt!!! Take another look at his post, brod. )

Leave a comment:

• broderickwells
    replied
    Thank, John. Scores are now recorded.

And French

Leave a comment:

• Dashy
    replied
    Went T-34, if you have no Sherman the W Allies might take longer to get to Berlin, no T-34's and the Germans drink schnapps in Moscow come 1942 (the BT and KV series were decent enough, but no real replacement for the T-34).

The rest list as thus

Excellent- M4, PZ IV

good PZ III, Churchill, IS 2

the remainder get a 12 for being reasonable, due mainly to lack of actual knowledge of the strategic knowledge for most :sheepish:

Leave a comment:

• panther3485
    replied
    M4, hands down for me, This tank was on battlefields on multiple theatres, fronts and continents. Crews inside this tank were speaking English, english, Polish, French and Russian and probably some I have missed. The breadth of this contribution dwarfs any other tank, IMO.

Very High- PzIV, T-34, Churchill, PzIII

Good- Matilda II, Pz38, Panther

Reasonable -Cromwell, Crusader, Valentine, Tiger, Char B1, Somua, IS-II, Type 97, M3, KV-1, Bt-7

Doubtful -Tiger II,M-13/14/15

Poor-
    Thanks, John. Scores are now recorded.

Last edited by panther3485; 02 May 12, 04:48.

Leave a comment:

• smallvillekalel
    replied
    M4, hands down for me, This tank was on battlefields on multiple theatres, fronts and continents. Crews inside this tank were speaking English, english, Polish, French and Russian and probably some I have missed. The breadth of this contribution dwarfs any other tank, IMO.

Reasonable -Cromwell, Crusader, Valentine, Tiger, Char B1, Somua, IS-II, Type 97, M3, KV-1, Bt-7

Poor-
    I like how you listed english twice...

Leave a comment:

• JBark
    replied

Poor-

Leave a comment:

• panther3485
    replied
    Thanks Dante, all recorded now.

Leave a comment:

• Cougar1
    replied
    Edited c:

Leave a comment:

• panther3485
    replied
    Originally posted by Cougar1 View Post
    PzKpfw IV again, as it was certainly the most valuable tank Germany had. Though the Panther was great, it was too complex and less reliable, and 1.5 Pz.Kpfw. IV's could be produced for every one Panther, or 6.5 for every Tiger, whilst the 75mm AT gun was superiour to the US 75mm or Russian 76.2mm. As I said in another thread, it was also immensely adaptable.

Excellent: T-34, Sherman, Panther, IS-2, M4 Medium

Good: M3, M4, Cromwell, PzKpfw III, Tiger I

OK: Churchill, Somua S-35, PzKpfw 38(t), Tiger II, Type 97 Chi-Ha, KV-1, Matilda II, Valentine

Poor: Crusader, Char B-1 bis, M 13-40/14-41/15-42, BT-5/7
    Thanks Dante, but there are five brackets for 'Value to User Nation and Allied/Axis Cause' and they are:

Very High (24 points)
    Good (18 points)
    Reasonable (12 points)
    Doubtful (6 points)
    Poor (0 points)

Could you please arrange the remaining 20 tanks into those brackets, thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Cougar1
    replied
    PzKpfw IV again, as it was certainly the most valuable tank Germany had. Though the Panther was great, it was too complex and less reliable, and 1.5 Pz.Kpfw. IV's could be produced for every one Panther, or 6.5 for every Tiger, whilst the 75mm AT gun was superiour to the US 75mm or Russian 76.2mm. As I said in another thread, it was also immensely adaptable.

Very High: T-34, Sherman, IS-2, M4 Medium

Good: Churchill, Tiger I, Panther

Reasonable: Somua S-35, PzKpfw 38(t), Type 97 Chi-Ha, KV-1, Matilda II, Valentine, PzKpfw III, M3, Cromwell

Doubtful: Char B-1 bis, BT-5/7

Poor: Crusader, M 13-40/14-41/15-42, Tiger II
    Last edited by Cougar1; 30 Apr 12, 12:44.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X