Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greatest Two Engined Aircraft of WW2 Competition Nominations!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Greatest Two Engined Aircraft of WW2 Competition Nominations!

    What Ho!

    Since Silent Hunters little (and i mean excellent!) citizens fighter battle is coming to an end, I guess its time for the Two Engined catergory!

    Nominations, Commence!

    My Personal nominations ....

    Beaufighter!

    Mosquito!

    P-38!

    Me-110!

    Pe-2!

    and yes, it will be a massive opinion poll, so vote for whatever reason you see fit.

    when at least 16 planes have been nomimated the games can begin! (though i would prefer 32!)
    Task Force Regenbogen- Support and Paras

  • #2
    I'll add these:
    Ju-88
    He-111
    Do-17
    Do-217
    Hs-129
    Me-410
    Me-262
    Ar-234
    F7F (didn't see combat, but was delivered and active before the end of the war)
    P-61
    A-26
    B-25
    B-26
    A-20

    Just a few off the top of my head.
    Last edited by Gixxer86g; 10 Feb 11, 10:48.
    ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

    BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

    BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

    Comment


    • #3
      Oh and the Cat!
      Task Force Regenbogen- Support and Paras

      Comment


      • #4
        C 47

        PBY Catalina

        Betty
        "Ask not what your country can do for you"

        Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

        you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

        Comment


        • #5
          Ten more!

          I-ll 4

          Vickers Wellington

          Pe-3.

          Make that Seven.
          Task Force Regenbogen- Support and Paras

          Comment


          • #6
            Odds and ends from the Pacific:

            Ki-48 "Lilly"
            G3M "Nell"
            Ilyushin DB-3
            Martin B-10
            Кто там?
            Это я - Почтальон Печкин!
            Tunis is a Carthigenian city!

            Comment


            • #7
              Dashy, I suggest you do proper seeding, only problem I had with SH's was his random pairings put planes that could be in the finals facing off in the first round and having planes that should have no business getting out of the first round advance once or twice.

              4 pairings of 8, rank them 1-8 then have 1 face 8, 2 face 7, 3 face 6 etc. Winner of each bracket to meet in the final 4.
              Кто там?
              Это я - Почтальон Печкин!
              Tunis is a Carthigenian city!

              Comment


              • #8
                Yes, i'm most probably going to do something like that, we don't want the Beaufighter and P-38 duking it out in the first round!



                almost enough planes!
                Task Force Regenbogen- Support and Paras

                Comment


                • #9
                  How will we be judging these aircraft? We have fighters, attack, medium bombers, transport, etc all going head to head. I guess it will be based on the overall performance of each machine in its class?

                  Here's an example. Let's say somewhere in this competition, we end up with the C-47 vs. the P-38. Both were excellent aircraft in their respective field, but I would vote for the C-47 as it was much more important to the overall war effort.

                  And I count 29 so far if we use all the ones mentioned so far.
                  Last edited by Gixxer86g; 10 Feb 11, 10:35.
                  ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

                  BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

                  BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    ...and a LOT of them are still flying!
                    ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
                    IN MARE IN COELO

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Gixxer86g View Post
                      How will we be judging these aircraft? We have fighters, attack, medium bombers, transport, etc all going head to head. I guess it will be based on the overall performance of each machine in its class?

                      Here's an example. Let's say somewhere in this competition, we end up with the C-47 vs. the P-38. Both were excellent aircraft in their respective field, but I would vote for the C-47 as it was much more important to the overall war effort.
                      I agree there needs to be some parameters. Like Gixx says, there are nominations all over the functionality board. In the above example (C-47 vs. P-38) I'd likely vote for the P-38 because I'm assuming some combat ability.
                      "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
                      — Groucho Marx

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Isn't the Me-262 a twin engined plane?
                        "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
                        — Groucho Marx

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Catman View Post
                          I agree there needs to be some parameters. Like Gixx says, there are nominations all over the functionality board. In the above example (C-47 vs. P-38) I'd likely vote for the P-38 because I'm assuming some combat ability.
                          But you couldn't deploy paratroopers or cut a jeep in half and stick it in a P-38. Well we are getting OT here........

                          Heres a few more:

                          Meteor
                          J1N1
                          D0-335
                          Ki-102
                          Ki-21
                          Ki-45
                          Ki-67
                          Ju-188
                          Last edited by Gixxer86g; 10 Feb 11, 10:50.
                          ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

                          BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

                          BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Gixxer86g View Post
                            But you couldn't deploy paratroopers or cut a jeep in half and stick it in a P-38.
                            You could deploy paratroopers, only one at a time.
                            "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
                            — Groucho Marx

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Catman View Post
                              You could deploy paratroopers, only one at a time.
                              Ha!, good one!
                              ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

                              BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

                              BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

                              Comment

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X