X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inventions Finals - Blood groups vs Electric Power Plants

Blood groups (1902)

Why?
    Although often forgotten, the discovery of blood groups has saved many lives over the past 100 years. Not only thanks to the possibility it offered in terms of blood transfusion but also in terms of pregnancy and birth. With the introduction of organ transplants in the past 20 years it has become even more important. Knowing which blood group a person has, is the first prerequisite before any medical intervention can be performed.

Electric Power Plants (1903)

Why?
    Our modern world is structured around electric utilities’ ability to distribute electric power to every address, building and place. Cities are organized around the utilities which provide any amount of current and any voltage to any and every customer. No electric power plants today, means no modern cities!
    Blood groups (1902)
    40.91%
    Electric power plants (1903)
    59.09%

The poll is expired.

Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.- Napoleon

It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.- Herman Melville

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

BORG

Blood groups.
    Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

So gents & lasses...what will it be????

Greets,
      Stratego
      Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.- Napoleon

It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.- Herman Melville

BORG

Comment

Power plants. I don't see the labs where the information about blood groups is used operating without them.

Regards,
        Dennis
        If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Comment

I need to think about this one.

BTW, they used blood group test without a need for electricity...

Comment

It's the BLOOD!!
            BoRG
            "... and that was the last time they called me Freakboy Moses"

Comment

What? Me worry?

Obviously, many more humans need the use of electricity than the use of typing blood. (Until. of course, we get in an accident, have need of a surgeon, etc., then all bets are off...)
              ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
              IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

I went with the juice since refrigeration of food and communications devices powered by electricity has saved more lives than blood grouping, although it was an extremely tough call.

What swayed me is that saline and plasma transfusions can be done without blood typing.
                Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Blood groups.
                  “When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'.”
                  ― Groucho Marx

Comment

I voted blood groups.

Saline and plasma will not replace full blood. It helps and can be store longer than refrigerated blood, but will not replace the benefit of (correct type) blood being injected in a body struggling to survive.

I can survive without electricity. I cannot survive without blood.

Comment

Will Blood Groups manage to catch up?????

Greets,
                      Stratego

BORG

Comment

Electricity, since all else depends on it.
                        Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

And the greatest invention of the past 100 years is...

The Electric Power Plants!!!!!

Well done yo'all and thanks for participating!!!!

Greets,
                          Stratego

BORG

Comment

Cordless drills...
                            Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Sure! EPP is fine until it all comes crashing down!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X