• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Armchair Attacks! BEST PIN-UP OF WW II - Campaign Scuttlebutt

Armchair General's own World War II Forum presents:

Armchair Attacks! - Tournament #8

"BEST PIN-UP OF WW II"

Welcome to the Armchair Attacks! Best Pin Up Of World War II tournament. We watch movies, read about history and espionage, we play games dealing with strategy and tactics, and we chat on the forums about all of the above. We even have a couple veterans of this conflict as community members. It's now time to take an interesting & nostalgic step to participate in an entirely different sort of engagement...

This is a single elimination tournament, with a starting field of 32 of the most notable pin-up queens made or already famous among troops during the conflict itself . It is up to you to cast your vote to help your favorite lass proceed to the next round. The rules are simple - votes = victory. Vote for the lass which you believe was the more appealing or inspirational of two in each Match. At the end of each Round, votes will be tallied, and the Pin-up Lass with the most votes proceeds to the next Round of elimination. YOU can make the difference by persuading others within each Match to vote for your favorites to help advance them to the final Match & Victory!

Q. Do I need to do anything to sign up for this Campaign?
    A. No. Just wait until voting begins, and vote!
    Q. What do I need to do to get a ribbon?
    A. Vote in at least 4 of 5 Rounds of the Campaign.
    Q. Where can I participate in this Campaign?
    A. Armchair Attacks!

Because we have not had a Campaign in more than a year, there will be many that have never participated in such a campaign, thus we will keep this simple. A great deal of work went into gathering the materials for this campaign & we hope that you all might thank all of the WW II regulars for their many suggestions & nominations, as well as Exorcist & panther3485 for their considerable efforts in compiling all of the images for this contest of very beautiful ladies in their time.

If you are not yet a member of this community, you must first sign up with the HistoryNet and Armchair General community (free registration) before you can vote for your favorite in the Armchair Attacks - Best Pin-up Of WW II Campaign. Sign up here!

Updated Standings after Round 1

Last edited by Admiral; 08 Sep 11, 23:42. Reason: Post Amended With Updated Campaign Bracket
    On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Armchair Attacks! BEST PIN-UP OF WW II - Campaign Commentary

Time for the Attack to begin!!!

Here it is at last, my friends ...

32 of the loveliest, most famous and most admired ladies of the WW2 era, all vying to be declared by us as ...

The Best Pin Up of WW2!!!!!

Some of you may be new to our Armchair Attacks tournaments.
    All you have to do is vote for your preferred gal, out of each of the 16 match pairs.
    The 16 with the most votes go on to round two, where we'll have 8 match pairs, and so it goes on until a single champion emerges!

Feel free to add you own opinions, commentary etc.
    This makes the whole tournament even more enjoyable!

Go to the threads right here in this sub-forum, for each of the matches!

Have fun, guys, and fight clean ....

Attack!!!!!
    Last edited by panther3485; 02 Sep 11, 07:12.
    "England expects that every man will do his duty!" (English crew members had better get ready for a tough fight against the combined French and Spanish fleets because that's what England expects! However, Scotland, Wales and Ireland appear to expect nothing so the Scottish, Welsh and Irish crew members can relax below decks if they like!)

Comment

Hot Damn! What a fine subject and assortment you have brought us!

Gentlemen, I Salute you.

BoRG
      "... and that was the last time they called me Freakboy Moses"

Comment

This is great, good idea guys.

Comment

I predict a Lana Turner- Jane Russell final!

Comment

Yvonne is going all the way.
            "You listen to the ol' Pork Chop Express on a dark and stormy night......"

Comment

Sorry to see Maureen O'Hara and Jane Russell as a first round match!

Excellent work gentlemen! Just excellent!

Regards,
              Dennis
              If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Comment

Great job guys!
                “When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'.”
                ― Groucho Marx

Comment

Originally posted by D1J1 View Post

Regards,
                  Dennis
                  I agree . Maureen O'Hara was a great actress but Jane Russell is , well, Jane Russell.
                  God Save The Republic.

Comment

Let's see. We get to look at beautiful women from the 1940's and pick the best pin-up.

What's not to like?

Now I'm sure each of us has our own criteria for voting for a particular lady in each contest. I would share my voting method but then I would be banned for a while. You guys can figure it out.
                    God Save The Republic.

Comment

Arrrr!
                      Me likes this har attack 'causes the wee peg leg can do the hard thinkin' fer me!
                      ArrrrRRrrr!
                      Battles are dangerous affairs... Wang Hsi

Comment

After a castin' me votes, I be thinkin' we should make this hear yar attack a DOUBLE ELIMINATION tourney!!!

One little vote fer these hear lasses arn't 'enough fer me! An it urnt fare fer the lil' strumpets either...

Arrrr!
                        Battles are dangerous affairs... Wang Hsi

Comment

What they said...
                          History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon. Napoleon Bonaparte
                          _________
                          BoRG

Comment

Yeah like what about Penny Singleton-The Andrews Sisters? Penny Singleton I adored when my dad watched Blondie movies.
                            This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by D1J1 View Post

Regards,
                              Dennis
                              Sorry 'bout that. I tried to set things up, to ensure that the ones most likely to have more ... er .... enduring popularity , would not be eliminated in the first round. I could have made an error with that one, though.
                              "England expects that every man will do his duty!" (English crew members had better get ready for a tough fight against the combined French and Spanish fleets because that's what England expects! However, Scotland, Wales and Ireland appear to expect nothing so the Scottish, Welsh and Irish crew members can relax below decks if they like!)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X