Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Pin Up of WW II: Yvonne de Carlo vs Maria Montez (Round 1)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Pin Up of WW II: Yvonne de Carlo vs Maria Montez (Round 1)

Yvonne de Carlo

(September 1, 1922 – January 8, 2007) In1940, when De Carlo was first runner-up to "Miss Venice Beach" and was hired by a showman as a dancer at the Florentine Gardens. She had been dancing for Granlund only a short time when she was arrested by immigration officials and deported to Canada, but in January 1941, Granlund sent a telegram to Canadian immigration officials pledging his sponsorship of De Carlo in the United States, and affirmed his offer of steady employment, both requirements to reenter the country. n December 1941, the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor signaled America's entrance into World War II. During this period she engaged in morale boosting performances for U.S. servicemen. De Carlo was a favorite leading lady in the 1940s, and a recipient of many letters from GI's …. But most of you probably remember her as Lilly Munster.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yvonne_de_Carlo

Maria Montez

(June 6, 1912 – September 7, 1951) was a Dominican-born motion picture actress who gained fame and popularity in the 1940s as an exotic beauty starring in a series of filmed-in-Technicolor costume adventure films. Her screen image was that of a hot-blooded Latin seductress, dressed in fanciful costumes and sparkling jewels. She became so identified with these adventure epics that she became known as "The Queen of Technicolor." Over her career, Montez appeared in 26 films, 21 of which were made in North America and five in Europe.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maria_Montez

Who will advance to the next Round?

Vote!
    Yvonne de Carlo
    83.53%
    Maria Montez
    16.47%
    Last edited by Admiral; 27 Aug 11, 01:43. Reason: Best Pin Up of WW II
    "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."— Bertrand Russell

Yvonne... Nuff said.
    BoRG
    "... and that was the last time they called me Freakboy Moses"

Comment

I voted for Yvonne but I still see Herman Munster's wife when I hear her name.

Comment

Originally posted by SeaDog48 View Post
        I voted for Yvonne but I still see Herman Munster's wife when I hear her name.
        Ha! So very true!!!

Comment

Hell, I thought Lily Munster was hot as a lad in the 60's, anyway!

On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

I went Maria, but I love both
            How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
            Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

I didn't even need to see the pictures. Yvonne should just be crowned the winner of the whole contest.
              "You listen to the ol' Pork Chop Express on a dark and stormy night......"

Comment

I had to think about this one but I went with Yvonne.
                “When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'.”
                ― Groucho Marx

Comment

Yvonne! Yummy! One of the pictures of Maria looks like Bettie Page!

Regards,
                  Dennis
                  If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Comment

Toughest one yet for me but, Yvonne de Carlo.
                    Skip

Comment

Tough choice but I went with Ms DeCarlo. I remember her on many occasions at Christmas dinner next door to my mom's house. My next-door neighbor was her protege back in the '60's.
                      ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
                      IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

Originally posted by Jose50 View Post
                        Tough choice but I went with Ms DeCarlo. I remember her on many occasions at Christmas dinner next door to my mom's house. My next-door neighbor was her protege back in the '60's.
                        Wow. Lucky you.
                        History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon. Napoleon Bonaparte
                        _________
                        BoRG

Comment

Maria is lovely but its Yvonne for me.
                          "Chatfield, there seems to be something wrong with our bloody ships today!"
                          Vice Admiral Beatty to Flag Captain Chatfield; Battle of Jutland, 31 May - 1 June, 1916.

Comment

Definitely Wyvonne - She was great in The Captain's Paradise too.

Comment

Originally posted by triggerjockey View Post
                              " ... Yvonne should just be crowned the winner of the whole contest."
                              Time will tell.
                              "Chatfield, there seems to be something wrong with our bloody ships today!"
                              Vice Admiral Beatty to Flag Captain Chatfield; Battle of Jutland, 31 May - 1 June, 1916.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X