Announcement

Collapse

New Site - PLEASE READ

Hello All,
My name is Ashley and I am the one that moved the forum to its new hosting location. This was done for security reasons and try to keep the forum from going down every other day. I understand that the new forum looks very different from the old one but I promise almost everything you had before you still have it might just be in a different place.

Items that are gone due to a limitation of the new hosting/ forum update:
- Awards
- Flags

As I was going thought your posts I was able to fix a lot fo the issues you were listing. Below is kind of a running list of issues an what is fixed and what I am still working on.

Items that I have fixed from your comments:
- Smilie are now working.
- Color/Theme changes
- Signature are now showing up. (Here is how to edit them https://screencast.com/t/OJHzzhiV1)
- Ranking is now showing up.
- Private messaging is now working.

Some issues I am still working on are:
- Missing items from the Calendar
- Like button the posts is giving an error.

One other note I have seen a lot is theme/color related items. I know this is important to all of you but at the moment the most important thing was getting you back a functioning forum with as many features I can get you back from before.

Theme/color is something we can change but it the moment I do not have the time and resources to fix all of the issue and design the site. I did do some theme updates yesterday but it is very time consuming. Please just be patient with the forum as we get it back to as close as I can to what you had before.

If anyone has any issues that they are running in to please let me know in the post below. Please give me as much detail as possible .
https://forums.armchairgeneral.com/forum/world-history-group-welcomes-you/armchair-general-magazine/5034776-new-site-please-read
See more
See less

Best Pin Up of WW II: Joan Fontaine vs Olivia DeHavilland (Round 1)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honestly, Joan Fontaine was an easy choice for me.
    "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
    Ernest Hemingway.

First get your facts straight, then distort them at your leisure. - Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by SeaDog48 View Post
      Frankly Olivia, I do give a damn.
      I mistook her for someone else but she would still get my vote. If she's good enough for Errol Flynn, she's good enough for me.

Comment

Actually she was a little old for Errol...Not that he would have turned her down!

Pruitt
        Last edited by Pruitt; 03 Sep 11, 18:42.
        Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
          Actually she was a little old for Errol...Notthat he would have turned her down!

Pruitt
          Not really: Flynn was born in Hobart, Tasmania in 1909, Olivia was born in 1916.
          "I dogmatise and am contradicted, and in this conflict of opinions and sentiments I find delight".
          Samuel Johnson.

Comment

You don't understand Errol. He would have taken Olivia, but he preferred women under 18 if he could find them. He was taken to court once when a young prostitute gave testimony. There is also the case of his YOUNG "friend" he called "Woodsie" who was maybe 15. She was with him until he died of overdose.

Errol probably never met a woman he didn't try to bed. He roomed with David Niven until David found him in bed with David's girlfriend.

Pruitt
            Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

...Olivia...Olivia..(sung to the tune of one of my kids favourite coartoons...about a pig no less..!!!)

Comment

Olivia, hand's down. I loved her in "Gone with the Wind."
                "Profanity is but a linguistic crutch for illiterate motherbleepers"

Comment

Joan
                  It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.-George S. Patton

Comment

I've always been a big Olivia DeHavilland fan.
                    "Nations are never content to confine their rivalships and enmities to themselves. It is their usual policy to disseminate them as widely, as they can, regardless how far it may interfere with the tranquility or happiness of the nations which they are able to influence." -- Alexander Hamilton

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X