Grant vs. Einsenhower (Round III)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Prussian Havoc View Post
    Truer words have never been spoken... at least on these threads.
    Nope, there is only one sentence even more accurate and undeniable:

Slug loves Taco Bell.

There needs to be a word stronger than "love" in there.

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan View Post
      Ike. He had a much more complicated environment to deal with.
      I concur... Ike had more to deal with and was able to handle his enviorment and subordinates better...
      CPT T
      Field Artillery
      BDE S3 - Peacemaker 3 - OIF 09
      FSO - 1BCT, 3ID - OIF III

"Loved or Hated... Never Ignored... COLT sticks it deep!"

Comment

Voted for Grant. He kept our country together.
        "We Will Stay Here, If We Must All Go to Hell Together"
        -Col. John R. Cooke, 27th NC

Avatar: My Grandfather on the right. His twin on the left. Their older brother in the middle. In their Navy Blues

Comment

IKE was a brillant supply chain general who was able to handle monty, patton and churchhill and still defeat the german.
          Grant was general that had to go head-to-head against the south and would keep stabbing away to keep the south off guard.

in summary, ike had an organization that was more supportive whereas Grant had to maintain pressure on the north to keep slugging it out, even though Grant had his personal problems.

my opinion is that Grant edged out Ike as the general who punished the foe in such a manner that once Lee surrendered, the other southern generals soon realized and followed suit.

All that to say, I vote for Grant.

Comment

Originally posted by white.bass View Post
            IKE was a brillant supply chain general who was able to handle monty, patton and churchhill and still defeat the german.
            Grant was general that had to go head-to-head against the south and would keep stabbing away to keep the south off guard.

in summary, ike had an organization that was more supportive whereas Grant had to maintain pressure on the north to keep slugging it out, even though Grant had his personal problems.

my opinion is that Grant edged out Ike as the general who punished the foe in such a manner that once Lee surrendered, the other southern generals soon realized and followed suit.

All that to say, I vote for Grant.
            Since Lee was the South's most successful general, he had become the symbol of The South--once he surrendered, everyone else knew the game was up. I beleive it's the only time in history when the first army to surrender meant that the rest of thsat side's fighters knew the game was up and then surrendered once they got the news.
            anyone who forced Lee to surrender in 1865 would have been "the man", but Grant is the one who did it, so he gets full points.

Comment

How did Grant get past Lee and Eisenhower here the 2 greatest American generals of all time along with Patton it just baffles me.

Comment

Ike could organize an army, but he wasn't much of a strategist.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X