Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Think This Contest is Rigged

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I Think This Contest is Rigged

    Are the people who counting up the votes Democrats or something?

    I know I'm new here & I hope I will be forgiven for bursting out like this, but some of those "Losers" in the contest should have gotten higher scores than they did & the fact that they didn't just really confuses me as to why.

    You can't compare Leaders from two different time periods to each other.

    This whole contest needs to be erased & re-done so that say 5 Leaders from each time period can be voted on to decide the eventual BEST leader from those time periods & THEN if you want to debate till the ned of time whioch of those finishers was the absolute best, then that will be your perogative.

  • #2
    Lighten up Leonard, this contest is purely for fun, it never pretended to be anything else.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Boonierat View Post
      Lighten up Leonard, this contest is purely for fun, it never pretended to be anything else.
      Ok.....I'll stop my complaining.

      Comment


      • #4
        Are the people who counting up the votes Democrats or something?
        LOL! Good one, especially with how Dub-ya won in 2000.

        Comment


        • #5
          Someone show Leonard the reputation thread
          Life is change. Built models for decades.
          Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
          I didn't for a long time either.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Emil_G View Post
            LOL! Good one, especially with how Dub-ya won in 2000.
            Or better yet, look at the crap going on with the current ridiculous primary-caucus mess in Texas.
            Barcsi János ispán vezérőrnagy
            Time Magazine's Person of the Year for 2003 & 2006


            "Never pet a burning dog."

            RECOMMENDED WEBSITES:
            http://www.mormon.org
            http://www.sca.org
            http://www.scv.org/
            http://www.scouting.org/

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Leonard 6 View Post
              Are the people who counting up the votes Democrats or something?

              I know I'm new here & I hope I will be forgiven for bursting out like this, but some of those "Losers" in the contest should have gotten higher scores than they did & the fact that they didn't just really confuses me as to why.
              You mean some people are voting with their hearts instead of their brains? Say it ain't so!

              Be careful what you wish for. One persons "genius" is another persons moron. For example, I don't think Giap should be being beaten by Patton as badly as he is, but I suspect that's not the controversial contest your talking about. Everyone has a different opinion.

              For me, regardless of who wins, it's the discussion that's the most fun. People posting "Rommel Rawks! The movies said so!" aren't nearly as much fun, but it's going to happen.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Leonard 6 View Post

                You can't compare Leaders from two different time periods to each other.

                This whole contest needs to be erased & re-done so that say 5 Leaders from each time period can be voted on to decide the eventual BEST leader from those time periods & THEN if you want to debate till the ned of time whioch of those finishers was the absolute best, then that will be your perogative.
                Check out the "Summer Offensive." They set it up that way last time. Change is good, it makes you think.

                Plus, the mental image of Patton fighting Giap is so funny that it all seems worth it....
                "This life..., you know, "the life." You’re not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you don’t shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

                BoRG

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by DingBat View Post
                  You mean some people are voting with their hearts instead of their brains? Say it ain't so!

                  Be careful what you wish for. One persons "genius" is another persons moron. For example, I don't think Giap should be being beaten by Patton as badly as he is, but I suspect that's not the controversial contest your talking about. Everyone has a different opinion.

                  For me, regardless of who wins, it's the discussion that's the most fun. People posting "Rommel Rawks! The movies said so!" aren't nearly as much fun, but it's going to happen.
                  Actually putting Patton in a contest with Guderian would make more sense to me.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by DingBat View Post
                    You mean some people are voting with their hearts instead of their brains? Say it ain't so!
                    Or maybe dead people and felons are voting, ala' Washington state Gubernatorial race.
                    If you can't set a good example, be a glaring warning.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      This is rigged?

                      Originally posted by freightshaker View Post
                      Or maybe dead people and felons are voting, ala' Washington state Gubernatorial race.
                      I suspect the Rep-Mafia is involved..., just like JFK all over again....
                      "This life..., you know, "the life." You’re not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you don’t shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

                      BoRG

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by freightshaker View Post
                        Or maybe dead people and felons are voting, ala' Washington state Gubernatorial race.
                        But do you let dead felons vote?
                        Eagles may fly; but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines!

                        "I'm not expendable; I'm not stupid and I'm not going." - Kerr Avon, Blake's 7

                        What didn't kill us; didn't make us smarter.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by RichardS View Post
                          But do you let dead felons vote?
                          I think all the dead generals convicted of warcrimes who had access to computers voted

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by RichardS View Post
                            But do you let dead felons vote?
                            We'll find out this year since the same candidates are running. I hope I move before then.
                            If you can't set a good example, be a glaring warning.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by RichardS View Post
                              But do you let dead felons vote?
                              No! Absolutely not! Dead, Yes. Felon, Yes. BUT NO WAY: DEAD FELONS!!!

                              Next, you'll want your cat to get a vote.
                              History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon. Napoleon Bonaparte
                              _________
                              BoRG
                              __________
                              "I am Arthur, King of the Britons!"

                              Comment

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X