Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grant for me....

Comment

This was a hard one. They seemed to work 'well' together. But saying 'War is Hell' and then making it so gains my vote for incisive insight into humanity.
      Tactics are based on Weapons... Strategy on Movement... and Movement on Supply.
      (J. F. C. Fuller 1878-1966)

Comment

I voted for Grant.

Originally posted by stjohn View Post
        Face-to-face Grant would win, but Sherman would avoid confrontation and destroy the enemy industry.
        Welcome to the forums stjohn
        "You can tell a lot about a fella's character by whether he picks out all of one color or just grabs a handful." -explaining why Reagan liked to have a jar of jelly beans on hand for important meetings

CO for 1st S.INC Shock Security Troop

Comment

without Grant's leadership and ability to pick a diamond in the rough, Sherman would never have recovered as an officer following his 'nervous breakdown.' Although, Sherman certainly helped Grant perservere through the fall-out from Shiloh and Halleck's dithering. In the end though, Grant ultimately enabled Sherman's success, provided the model for his advance through Georgia and the Carolinas, and coordinated Sherman's marches with other Union ventures in 64/65.

Hands down--Grant.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X