Final Brackets (Download Now!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Final Brackets (Download Now!)

Here is the final bracket in PDF format. I apologize in advance because there is no way for you guys to save this form when you fill it out. However, it does give you a nice easy way to look at the grid and make your selections in an orderly fashion. Much easier than the text file we used last summer.

For those who know how this works you will have no problem with this. For new guys, this is the deal;

Q. Do I need to do anything to sign up for this tournament?
    A. No. Just wait until voting begins, and vote! Voting will begin on Feb 25, 2008.

Q. What do I need to do to get a ribbon?
    A. Be a member of our community and vote in ALL 5 rounds of the tournament.

Q. Will I get an extra ribbon if I submit a bracket?
    A. No, if you end up winning the bracket tournament, you will get the same ribbon as everyone who votes, but it will have a "V" device to indicate your achievement. You must still vote in all rounds, even if you submit a bracket. You cannot win the bracket pool without also voting.

Q. How do I fill out a bracket?
    A. You will need to fill out the brackets using the attached PDF file, then either print the results to another PDF (primoPDF is a good tool for this) or you can take a screenshot of the final bracket and email said bracket to this address --> contact03 [{at}] armchairgeneral.com

Q. How do I do a screenshot?
    A. (courtesy of Admiral) Right next to F12 is PrtScrn... put what ever you want on your screen... pres PrtScrn... then open Paint... click on Edit (top left)... click Paste... The image will then paste from the clipboard... enlarge if asked... Click on File (further top left)... Click Save As... Name it (preferably as a JPEG)... choose a file to drop it in... Save.

Q. When do I turn in my bracket?
    A. All brackets must be completely filled out for all rounds BEFORE voting begins. That means if you want to submit a bracket it must be in before we turn on voting, which will be sometime early on Feb. 25 (Monday).

Q. Must I turn in a bracket?
    A. No. It is simply value-added fun.

Q. How will you keep track of all these brackets being sent to you?
    A. Scoring will be much like Bingo. We will conduct the tournament normally, while those playing the brackets will be responsible for keeping their own score. At the end will will ask everyone who played a bracket to post their score. The highest score posted will win. We will consult the original form submitted, but we won't be comparing it to all other brackets submitted. Just like bingo, if you miss your opportunity, you pass on victory! We simply lack the resources to do this any other way.

Q. How does scoring work when picking winners for the brackets?
    A. *1 pt for each correct pick in Round 1
    *2 pts for each correct pick in Round 2
    *3 pts for each correct pick in Round 3
    *4 pts for each correct pick in Round 4
    *5 pts for each correct pick in Round 5
    *6 pts for the correct Champion

Q. Your brackets are complicated. Can I send my own?
    A. Yes. This is the same as any 32 team sports bracket tournament (single elimination). As long as it lists 5 rounds of winners it will be OK. We cannot assist you with custom brackets.

Q. Where can I keep track of the results?
    A. When ready, we will post the tournament page.

Q. Will the Gods of War be used in this tournament?
    A. No. Since some people will be choosing winners ahead of time, we opted to sit out the Gods of War for this tournament. Luck will not play a factor in this campaign!
    Attached Files
    Our forefathers died to give us freedom, not free stuff.

I write books about zombies as E.E. Isherwood. Check me out at ZombieBooks.net.

Version 1.2 of brackets uploaded and replaces original version. I forgot to include a box for the winner of the last matchup.
    Our forefathers died to give us freedom, not free stuff.

I write books about zombies as E.E. Isherwood. Check me out at ZombieBooks.net.

Comment

Sent

Comment

Sent mine in. Hope it gets through all right.

Comment

Alexander gets my top vote. ONCE i HAVE TIME TO DOWNLOAD EVERYTHING AND COPY AND PASTE, ETC ETC I'LL SEND THE &^%&^& BRACKET

Comment

Brackets

Originally posted by grognard View Post
            Alexander gets my top vote. ONCE i HAVE TIME TO DOWNLOAD EVERYTHING AND COPY AND PASTE, ETC ETC I'LL SEND THE &^%&^& BRACKET
            It took me a few times to paste/copy etc my bracket. I sent an email with my winners per round just as a backup. I guess I'm just a 20th century guy at heart.
            God Save The Republic.

Comment

Form filled, filed, & sent!

Will we just post final scores on this thread, or keep some sort of tally as we go along? (This is my first campaign.)
              History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon. Napoleon Bonaparte
              _________
              BoRG

Comment

Hope it got through.

My daughter had to help me.
                I couldn't do it.
                Here is a new, improved, copy for documentation.
                I don't want to miss out.
                I still can't do the video in the post thing.
                Or the spoiler technique.
                Posting this though, was a major step forward.

Last edited by Slug; 24 Feb 08, 10:09.
                "Advances in technology tend to overwhelm me."

Comment

Well, here goes nothing. Email sent, but here's an attachment just to cover all the bases.

kentek brackets.pdf
                  All questions are valid, all answers are tentative.

Comment

Attention On Deck!

All Hands Interested...

Get Your Brackets In Now!

The Order To Attack Will Be Given Very Soon!

Any Brackets Received AFTER Voting Begins Shall Be Considered Void!

Good Hunting & Good Luck!

On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

I tried to e-mail mine but the tool I used said no changes would be sent! I voted for the ones I like best, not the ones I think will win. My finals were (no surprise if you saw my team) Hannibal and Slim! I had to vote for Zhukov over Rommel, but that is okay as Rommel was on my team as well. Sherman (on my team) was the only other guy to make it to the Brackets.

I will just have to vote in the rounds.

Pruitt
                      Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

The day has arrived to make your mark upon military history!

The Greatest Generals Campaign has begun!

The submission of brackets has ended.

Let the battles begin!

ATTACK!

ATTACK!

ATTACK!

On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

The following is Pruitt's bracket which he had difficulty in submitting - and indicated so BEFORE the campaigns beginning. It will be accepted.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Admiral; 25 Feb 08, 08:09.

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

Looks like I got 3 wrong in the first round...
                            Wisdom is personal

Comment

Nah, I make lots of "mistakes" in these things, but I always choose the guy I think is best. There is a difference between "best" and "most popular".

Pruitt
                              Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X