Anyone have Adobe Acrobat Pro 7 or 8?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have Adobe Acrobat Pro 7 or 8?

OK, we've had some technical problems here. I have a copy of the brackets in PDF format, and I wanted it to be fillable but apparently my version of Acrobat Pro won't do this properly. Does anyone have access to Acrobat Pro 7 or 8 who can possibly take a look at this PDF, save it with open access so that anyone can fill it out and save it? I would be very appreciative.
    Attached Files
    Our forefathers died to give us freedom, not free stuff.

I write books about zombies as E.E. Isherwood. Check me out at ZombieBooks.net.

This is with Pro 6, Brian.

Not sure if this helps.

Last edited by Admiral; 25 Feb 08, 08:03.
    On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

That one still doesn't seem to be able to be filled in on screen and saved.

Dr. S.
      Imagine a ball of iron, the size of the sun. And once a year a tiny sparrow brushes its surface with the tip of its wing. And when that ball of iron, the size of the sun, is worn away to nothing, your punishment will barely have begun.

www.sinisterincorporated.co.uk

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

The one I built was also in Acro Pro 6. For some reason, no matter how I save it, the person on the other end can only print, but not save the form. This is even with all security disabled on my end. I have a feeling this is a problem with Adobe Reader in that there is some incompatibility when reading PDFs from this older version (like it ignores the security).

Comment

Yeah, I'm havin the same problem with AR5 in saving it, too... hmmm... weird!

On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

Last resort... Screen Shot?

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

Last edited by Admiral; 25 Feb 08, 08:03.

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

Assuming of course sombody can do a screen shot. I've never done one in my life. Seriously.
                Eagles may fly; but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines!

"I'm not expendable; I'm not stupid and I'm not going." - Kerr Avon, Blake's 7

What didn't kill us; didn't make us smarter.

Comment

Easy...

Right next to F12 is PrtScrn... put what ever you want on your screem... pres PrtScrn... then open Paint... click on Edit (top left)... click Paste... The image will then paste from the clipboard... enlarge if asked... Click on File (further top left)... Click Save As... Name it (preferably as a JPEG)... choose a file to drop it in... Save.

Then post it as an attachment. After the initial post, I also opened the attachment... took the url and made it an image in the post editor & reposted the edit, though this is not required, the file will still be an attachment.

Last edited by Admiral; 20 Feb 08, 17:38. Reason: Clarity

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

Please note this may not be the final bracket, as this is just a test version.

Comment

Originally posted by Siberian HEAT View Post
                      Please note this may not be the final bracket, as this is just a test version.
                      Does this work for you?

I have 8 Pro and your doc was open for me??
                      Attached Files
                      #occupyarmchairgeneral.
                      Nothing is easier than self-deceit. For what each man wishes, that he also believes to be true. Demosthenes.
                      Against logic there is no armor like ignorance. Laurence J. Peter

Comment

Originally posted by Siberian HEAT View Post
                        OK, we've had some technical problems here. I have a copy of the brackets in PDF format, and I wanted it to be fillable but apparently my version of Acrobat Pro won't do this properly. Does anyone have access to Acrobat Pro 7 or 8 who can possibly take a look at this PDF, save it with open access so that anyone can fill it out and save it? I would be very appreciative.
                        Oops... missed this thread a couple weeks ago, but just wanted to pipe up now.

The regular Acrobat Reader does not have the ability to save data that has been entered into a form. It has been this way as long as I can remember, and has been a pain in the butt for that long as well.

A nice solution I've found at work is the Foxit PDF Reader, available as a free download here: http://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf/rd_intro.php

It saves data that you've typed into the form, so that anyone else with the Foxit reader can view it (though the Adobe Reader will still not recognize it). Also is much more streamlined than Adobe's bloatware, and has some other nice UI features as well.

I've been rolling it out onto the PCs at work instead of the Adobe Reader, purely for the ability to save form data alone. That comes close to being worth it's weight in gold for me.

(Hm... though I'm not sure how much a computer program actually weighs....)
                        "I am not an atomic playboy."
                        Vice Admiral William P. Blandy

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X