Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

History’s 100 Greatest Commanders - Round One - Poll no 4 of 4.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
    It is a popularity poll.

Pruitt
    Yes in Canada, Don Cherry and Wayne Gretzky are two of the greatest Canadians of all time
    FoxNEWS "The World is unfair and we are running scared"

Comment

Originally posted by freightshaker View Post
      "I still can't believe Patton is on top..."
      I can, but it has little to do with his qualities as a General, compared to many of the others in this poll.
      "England expects that every man will do his duty!" (English crew members had better get ready for a tough fight against the combined French and Spanish fleets because that's what England expects! However, Scotland, Wales and Ireland appear to expect nothing so the Scottish, Welsh and Irish crew members can relax below decks if they like!)

Comment

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
        It is a popularity poll.

Pruitt
        It has turned out to be a popularity poll but I think it was attempting to be something better than that. The attempt was pretty much doomed to failure, of course.
        "England expects that every man will do his duty!" (English crew members had better get ready for a tough fight against the combined French and Spanish fleets because that's what England expects! However, Scotland, Wales and Ireland appear to expect nothing so the Scottish, Welsh and Irish crew members can relax below decks if they like!)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X