War seems inevitable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• War seems inevitable

Well all our conversation seems to be about over about whether a war will happen or not. Today's developments seem to cement the fact.

I would like to try to initiate an effort by the members of this site to try to keep track of the military details, using the resources we have available. There is an excellent TOAW map of the Iraq area posted in the archive by Don Maddox. If we can generate with our combined knowledge as detailed OOBs as possible they can be deployed on the map for the edification of the members.

I don't have too much detailed information compiled myself but I hope to contribute to the effort. I do know that much of 4th ID equipment has made it's way to Turkish jump off points but that many of the personnel are still on boats (although many have gone to their jump off points in plain clothes). I have heard that 82nd airborne is to be flown in from Afghanistan.

Can anyone post a detailed OOB to this forum or perhaps to the TOAW scenario design page? There is a recent scenario posted at the wargamer by Al Sandrik with OOB. Can this be updated? Thanks to anyone who can contibute.
    ...a man that can stand up for a principle and sit down on his own stool.
    -the Firesign Theatre

As of March 14

http://www.globalsecurity.org/milita..._orbat_toe.htm
    "As soon as men decide that all means are permitted to fight an evil, then their good becomes indistinguishable from the evil that they set out to destroy."-Christopher Dawson - The Judgement of Nations, 1942

Comment

Forgot to add. This OOB is updated at least once a week.

Our readiness status is debatable. The 101st AA is combat ready. However, there are reports there are still unacceptable levels of the various classes of supplies. Yet, from a political standpoint, Bush would not have issued March 17 deadline unless CENTCOM could be ready to go at least at midnight on that date.

Global Security has brought order the DOD's info flood, which is designed to confuse the Iraqis.
      "As soon as men decide that all means are permitted to fight an evil, then their good becomes indistinguishable from the evil that they set out to destroy."-Christopher Dawson - The Judgement of Nations, 1942

Comment

Originally posted by Deltapooh
        Forgot to add. This OOB is updated at least once a week.

Our readiness status is debatable. The 101st AA is combat ready. However, there are reports there are still unacceptable levels of the various classes of supplies. Yet, from a political standpoint, Bush would not have issued March 17 deadline unless CENTCOM could be ready to go at least at midnight on that date.

Global Security has brought order the DOD's info flood, which is designed to confuse the Iraqis.
        You don't really need to confuse a third world country. You just bomb them, invade them and that's it. Just try not to kill your own (or British) troops and everything else will work out just fine.

Comment

It would seem to me that 101st; 3 Inf (Mech) + 1 Marine Division are ready to go. There appears to be only elements of other Divisions on hand like 1st Armoured and 10th Mountain, 1st Inf. Division and 1st Cavalry Division also elements of 3rd Arm. Cav Regt. I wonder though if there are not more members of those Divisions in place? . There are also six Inf. Battalions + one Engineer battalion attached to Centcom, which no doubt are in reserve for city fighting.

There is also the British Armoured Division + the Para and Marine Brigades ( Royal Marines not mentioned?) Also just one brigade of 82nd mentioned, one is in Afghanistan + one in USA I think. One way or another plenty to get a move on, esp. when backed by huge amount of airpower.

When will the War start? At the earliest tonight, probably Wednesday, at the latest Friday.
          http://www.irelandinhistory.blogspot.ie/

Comment

Re: War seems inevitable

Originally posted by Tiberius
            [B(although many have gone to their jump off points in plain clothes). [/B]
            If I was in the Iraqi secret police I would be looking for a group of around 12,000 Americans wearing dog tags and with short shaved haircuts. That would be a dead giveaway of a division in disguise.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X