Iraqi poll results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iraqi poll results

The coalition's confidence rating in May stood at 11 percent, down from 47 percent in November, while coalition forces had just 10 percent support. Nearly half of Iraqis said they felt unsafe in their neighborhoods.

55 percent of Iraqis reported to the pollsters they would feel safer if U.S. troops immediately left.

41 percent said Americans should leave immediately, and 45 percent said they preferred for U.S. forces to leave as soon as a permanent Iraqi govermnment is installed.

71 percent of Iraqis said they were surprised by the humiliating photos and tales of abuse at the hands of Americans, but 54 percent said they believed all Americans behave like the guards.

81 percent of Iraqis said they had an improved opinion of al-Sadr in May from three months earlier, and 64 percent said the acts of his insurgents had made Iraq more unified.

However, only 2 percent said they would support al-Sadr for president, even less than the 3 percent who expressed support for the deposed Saddam Hussein.

Full story

_______
    You are young, my son, and, as the years go by, time will change and even reverse many of your present opinions. Refrain therefore awhile from setting yourself up as a judge of the highest matters.
    -Plato
    I hate it when I see one of those road signs that says "Draw Bridge Ahead" and I don't have a pencil.
    -Lou Chiafullo

Re: Iraqi poll results

Originally posted by Geeky Nerd
    The coalition's confidence rating in May stood at 11 percent, down from 47 percent in November, while coalition forces had just 10 percent support. Nearly half of Iraqis said they felt unsafe in their neighborhoods.

55 percent of Iraqis reported to the pollsters they would feel safer if U.S. troops immediately left.

41 percent said Americans should leave immediately, and 45 percent said they preferred for U.S. forces to leave as soon as a permanent Iraqi govermnment is installed.

71 percent of Iraqis said they were surprised by the humiliating photos and tales of abuse at the hands of Americans, but 54 percent said they believed all Americans behave like the guards.

81 percent of Iraqis said they had an improved opinion of al-Sadr in May from three months earlier, and 64 percent said the acts of his insurgents had made Iraq more unified.

However, only 2 percent said they would support al-Sadr for president, even less than the 3 percent who expressed support for the deposed Saddam Hussein.

Full story

_______
    You are young, my son, and, as the years go by, time will change and even reverse many of your present opinions. Refrain therefore awhile from setting yourself up as a judge of the highest matters.
    -Plato
    Given the emotional level in Iraq at the given time, I am not entirely convinced of the accuracy of these numbers. The majority of Iraqis hear and know only what their local/tribal leaders want them to know. Even within Baghdad, Basra and other larger cities most Iraqis have no access to CNN, Fox News, USA Today or other mainstream media outlets. While it would not be surprising to learn that the man on the street in Baghdad does not have a multitude of confidence in the ability of Coalition or Iraqi forces to prevent terrorist acts, I find it hard to believe that they would feel better if the Coalition departed on 30 June.
    Mens Est Clavis Victoriae
    (The Mind Is The Key To Victory)

Comment

^^^I agree completely. It's kind of like why princess diana was put on the 100 most influential people of the last milenium and she was more important than Peter the Great. This being because it was only 1 or 2 years after her death, people get caught up in the moment.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
      X