Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Troops Blast Music in Siege of Fallujah

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Troops Blast Music in Siege of Fallujah

    Got a kick out of this story; thought I'd share...

    http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...raq_front_line

    Troops Blast Music in Siege of Fallujah

    "FALLUJAH, Iraq - In Fallujah's darkened, empty streets, U.S. troops blast AC/DC's "Hell's Bells" and other rock music full volume from a huge speaker, hoping to grate on the nerves of this Sunni Muslim city's gunmen and give a laugh to Marines along the front line."
    ...
    "At night, the psychological operations unit attached to the Marine battalion here sends out messages from a loudspeaker mounted on an armored Humvee. On Thursday night, the crew and its Arabic-language interpreter taunted fighters, saying, "May all the ambulances in Fallujah have enough fuel to pick up the bodies of the mujahadeen."
    Rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated... again...

  • #2
    Re: Troops Blast Music in Siege of Fallujah

    Originally posted by sickpup
    Got a kick out of this story; thought I'd share...

    http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...raq_front_line

    Troops Blast Music in Siege of Fallujah


    Let 'em use donkey carts!
    Barcsi János ispán vezérőrnagy
    Time Magazine's Person of the Year for 2003 & 2006


    "Never pet a burning dog."

    RECOMMENDED WEBSITES:
    http://www.mormon.org
    http://www.sca.org
    http://www.scv.org/
    http://www.scouting.org/

    Comment


    • #3
      Oh dear, oh dear, this can only result in a severe escalation of the crisis.

      Retaliation is bound to follow - I expect the enemy are already building their own sub-woofers to counter-attack.

      When the Muslims start playing their own brand of music back at the Americans - then they will be sorry. It will be carnage.

      Dr. S.
      Imagine a ball of iron, the size of the sun. And once a year a tiny sparrow brushes its surface with the tip of its wing. And when that ball of iron, the size of the sun, is worn away to nothing, your punishment will barely have begun.

      www.sinisterincorporated.co.uk

      www.tabletown.co.uk

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Doctor Sinister
        When the Muslims start playing their own brand of music back at the Americans - then they will be sorry. It will be carnage.
        Dr. S.
        Battle of the bands! Cool!

        OK, for real. They do it now, Doc S.

        Every mosque in the world plays Muslim music at 69zillion decibels. It's the call to prayer. I can send it to you offline if you want to hear it. In Bosnia, in the heavy fog in the winter, it was almost eerie enough to give you nightmares (insert "shudder" smilie here)
        Barcsi János ispán vezérőrnagy
        Time Magazine's Person of the Year for 2003 & 2006


        "Never pet a burning dog."

        RECOMMENDED WEBSITES:
        http://www.mormon.org
        http://www.sca.org
        http://www.scv.org/
        http://www.scouting.org/

        Comment


        • #5
          RIDICULOUS!

          This NEOGTIATION talk is crap! Does anybody realize what may be happening if these talks break down. Insurgents could use these talks to set up hundreds or thousands of deadly little surprises for our Marines and Iraqi counterparts to walk into! This I feel is bull-crap. We should of never stopped pushing. They may be reinforcing or planting booby traps which will cause more casualties. Keep pushing in! I heard that insurgents are most likely booby trapping buildings for Marines and setting up ambushes and regrouping. I for one think the push to clear Fallujah should have never stopped. This is not the right move!
          "Send Me"

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: RIDICULOUS!

            Originally posted by cotterc404
            This NEOGTIATION talk is crap! Does anybody realize what may be happening if these talks break down. Insurgents could use these talks to set up hundreds or thousands of deadly little surprises for our Marines and Iraqi counterparts to walk into! This I feel is bull-crap. We should of never stopped pushing. They may be reinforcing or planting booby traps which will cause more casualties. Keep pushing in! I heard that insurgents are most likely booby trapping buildings for Marines and setting up ambushes and regrouping. I for one think the push to clear Fallujah should have never stopped. This is not the right move!
            You might be right. I suspect we'll know soon.

            It was a political, not a military, decision.
            Barcsi János ispán vezérőrnagy
            Time Magazine's Person of the Year for 2003 & 2006


            "Never pet a burning dog."

            RECOMMENDED WEBSITES:
            http://www.mormon.org
            http://www.sca.org
            http://www.scv.org/
            http://www.scouting.org/

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Janos
              Every mosque in the world plays Muslim music at 69zillion decibels. It's the call to prayer. I can send it to you offline if you want to hear it.
              Well, I suppose I could always use it in one of my, erm "correctional" facilities on my secret island base.

              Dr. S.
              Imagine a ball of iron, the size of the sun. And once a year a tiny sparrow brushes its surface with the tip of its wing. And when that ball of iron, the size of the sun, is worn away to nothing, your punishment will barely have begun.

              www.sinisterincorporated.co.uk

              www.tabletown.co.uk

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Doctor Sinister
                Well, I suppose I could always use it in one of my, erm "correctional" facilities on my secret island base.
                Dr. S.
                It won't be a secret for long with all that racket.
                Barcsi János ispán vezérőrnagy
                Time Magazine's Person of the Year for 2003 & 2006


                "Never pet a burning dog."

                RECOMMENDED WEBSITES:
                http://www.mormon.org
                http://www.sca.org
                http://www.scv.org/
                http://www.scouting.org/

                Comment


                • #9
                  The minute the insurgents retaliate with their Backstreet Boys/Qaran "music" is the minute we pound Fallujah back to the stone age.
                  "The U.S. has broken the second rule of war. That is don't go fighting with your land army on the mainland of Asia. Rule One is don't march on Moscow. I developed these two rules myself." - Field Marshal Bernard Montgomery referring to the Vietnam War

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    You go you 37Fs !!!
                    Molon Labe

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: RIDICULOUS!

                      Originally posted by cotterc404
                      This NEOGTIATION talk is crap! Does anybody realize what may be happening if these talks break down. Insurgents could use these talks to set up hundreds or thousands of deadly little surprises for our Marines and Iraqi counterparts to walk into! This I feel is bull-crap. We should of never stopped pushing. They may be reinforcing or planting booby traps which will cause more casualties. Keep pushing in! I heard that insurgents are most likely booby trapping buildings for Marines and setting up ambushes and regrouping. I for one think the push to clear Fallujah should have never stopped. This is not the right move!
                      This is true - though to hear SecDef Rumsfeld and Vice Chairman of the JCS Gen. Peter Pace tell it - it is the Iraqi Governing Council that is involved and it is "discussions", not "negotiations". Also, it is supposed to be with the legitimate authority in Fallujah, not the terrorists. Doesn't have much of a ring of truth, does it?

                      I agree, one major push with maximum force will give Fallujah a metaphorical enema, flushing the crap right out of town and into the desert. If and when they return, well.....the Marines could do with some target parctice.

                      We should the same with Najaf, Nasariyah, Basra, Kut, Erbil, Mosul, Tikrit, and any other vermin-infested backwater in that accursed country. Make it safe for the ordinary citizen who, right now, may only dream of peace and stability. When we've finished with the terrorist scum, we may turn the survivors over to the Iraqi people for disposition as they see fit.
                      Mens Est Clavis Victoriae
                      (The Mind Is The Key To Victory)

                      Comment

                      Latest Topics

                      Collapse

                      Working...
                      X