Heavy Insurgent Casualties in Fallujah

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heavy Insurgent Casualties in Fallujah

Looks like the Marines are cleaning up a little bit...a Marine spokesman in Fallujah said they are gaining control and inflicting many casualties on the insurgents there. The fighting is said to be pretty intense!!! In other news Al Kut is in the hands of the Al-Mehdi army after Ukranian soldiers came under extreme attack and pulled out of the city. The Al- Mehdi Army seems to be elsewhere also. Heavy fighting with this rag tag bunch of soldiers also rages in Karbala, Nasiriyah and Baghdad. I'm glad to see our troops going in to knock them out! Please write back with your comments! I'll keep ya'll updated!
    "Send Me"

Re: Heavy Insurgent Casualties in Fallujah

Originally posted by cotterc404
    Looks like the Marines are cleaning up a little bit...a Marine spokesman in Fallujah said they are gaining control and inflicting many casualties on the insurgents there. The fighting is said to be pretty intense!!! In other news Al Kut is in the hands of the Al-Mehdi army after Ukranian soldiers came under extreme attack and pulled out of the city. The Al- Mehdi Army seems to be elsewhere also. Heavy fighting with this rag tag bunch of soldiers also rages in Karbala, Nasiriyah and Baghdad. I'm glad to see our troops going in to knock them out! Please write back with your comments! I'll keep ya'll updated!
    Yeah, the fighting has ratcheted up - a mosque was struck by a Hellfire missile and 500 lb bomb after Marines took fire from the mosque. The war has instantly gone to a new level. This was inevitable of course, I have no doubt that the President and Gen Abizaid (CENTCOM/CC) knew that a day would come when this choice had to be made. I am happy they made the right choice, but this is a feast for the terrorists'/extermists' propaganda mill. At least they now know that there is no sanctuary. I heard a report earlier today that "several Marines and some civilians" may have been captured in Fallujah or Ramadi, but no confirmation as yet. If this did happen, you can bet that they are planning their escape. If they are Force Recon, they are well equipped to do so. Also, the senior Marines in Iraq and CENTCOM's top planners are planning a rescue.
    Mens Est Clavis Victoriae
    (The Mind Is The Key To Victory)

Comment

?

Where did you hear about the Marine Prisoners??? I am looking for it and can't find it!?

COTTER
      "Send Me"

Comment

Captured reservist

I heard only fragmentary reports, but it appears that the Army Reservists captured by Islamic extremists have killed him. Let me tell you, I'm impressed. It eight or nine of them to display their disarmed and bound prize, and I expect that it took several of them to summon up b***s to do the deed. I think most of us expected this to happen, but it is no less dismaying to hear the report. Mind you, these are the sort that would whine and moan about their rights as combatants were they to be captured. The only thing they should have the right to is a free helicopter ride - one way only.

Comment

Re: ?

Originally posted by cotterc404
          Where did you hear about the Marine Prisoners??? I am looking for it and can't find it!?

COTTER
          It was on CNN - I think Wolf Blitzer's show.

Comment

I just hope that all those killed were all real insurgents and there were no civilians.
            I hate it when I see one of those road signs that says "Draw Bridge Ahead" and I don't have a pencil.
            -Lou Chiafullo

Comment

I can't say that I agree with handing over Fallujah at this juncture to an Iraq militia, especially once commanded by an former Hussein general. However, since we will someday turn over control to the Iraqis, I expect that it must be done. Also, after WWII we did give various posts to ex-Nazis, so there is a precedent. I will reserve judgement until I may observe how this militia performs. Nonetheless, we must keep the terrorists and militia under close observation.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X