Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting shot by imperialists is profitable

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Getting shot by imperialists is profitable

    How would you like 8 million for a bullet in your ass? Wounded US troops get a pat on the back for their wounds...

    http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/meast/...ain/index.html

    "Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
    --Frederick II, King of Prussia

  • #2
    Originally posted by MonsterZero View Post
    How would you like 8 million for a bullet in your ass?
    $8million to the families of those that were killed - and it hasn't been approved, let alone awarded.

    I seem to recall either the state Dept or some other body worked out (for other incidents) that families of civilians killed by PMCs would receive about $20k iirc - this was deemed appropriately reparative, but not so excessive as to encourage Iraqi civilians to run in front of gunfire in order for their families to profit.

    Wounded US troops get a pat on the back for their wounds...
    maybe they should get wounded by a PMC next time
    Now listening too;
    - Russell Robertson, ruining whatever credibility my football team once had.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Ivan Rapkinov View Post
      $8million to the families of those that were killed - and it hasn't been approved, let alone awarded.

      I seem to recall either the state Dept or some other body worked out (for other incidents) that families of civilians killed by PMCs would receive about $20k iirc - this was deemed appropriately reparative, but not so excessive as to encourage Iraqi civilians to run in front of gunfire in order for their families to profit.
      Saddam paid $25,000 to have people die for the cause, and the US has to pay $20,000 because they die.
      Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

      Prayers.

      BoRG

      http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

      Comment


      • #4
        Apples and oranges. The man in question was shot by Blackwater contractors not by the US Military.
        "Ask not what your country can do for you"

        Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

        you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Half Pint View Post
          Apples and oranges. The man in question was shot by Blackwater contractors not by the US Military.
          which is why I specifically said: "that families of civilians killed by PMCs would receive..."

          but I was wrong - the state department suggested a $250k payment to the family of the guard that was shot by the drunk Blackwater employee, but the State Dept's Diplomatic Security Service deemed that to be excessive, and would result in Iraqis "trying" to get killed. The Final agreed number was $15k.

          not sure if there's been other payments made. But it's sad when you see Blackwater charges the US govt ~$1250 per day for an operative. That bodyguards life was deemed to be worth less than a fortnights work of a single operator.
          Now listening too;
          - Russell Robertson, ruining whatever credibility my football team once had.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Ivan Rapkinov View Post
            which is why I specifically said: "that families of civilians killed by PMCs would receive..."

            but I was wrong - the state department suggested a $250k payment to the family of the guard that was shot by the drunk Blackwater employee, but the State Dept's Diplomatic Security Service deemed that to be excessive, and would result in Iraqis "trying" to get killed. The Final agreed number was $15k.

            not sure if there's been other payments made. But it's sad when you see Blackwater charges the US govt ~$1250 per day for an operative. That bodyguards life was deemed to be worth less than a fortnights work of a single operator.
            Agree with the last. The ass should have been tried and sentence to jail, in Iraq.
            "Ask not what your country can do for you"

            Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

            you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by MonsterZero View Post
              How would you like 8 million for a bullet in your ass? Wounded US troops get a pat on the back for their wounds...

              http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/meast/...ain/index.html
              Of course the Iraqi government would suggest a very large amount. And if we paid it (not likely) they'd follow in the grand tradition of that government and the family would still only get about 15-25K.
              “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
              “To talk of many things:
              Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
              Of cabbages—and kings—
              And why the sea is boiling hot—
              And whether pigs have wings.”
              ― Lewis Carroll

              Comment


              • #8
                And on the news this morning, two iraqi women killed by Aussie PMC Unity Resources Ltd. Picked a bad time for it.
                Now listening too;
                - Russell Robertson, ruining whatever credibility my football team once had.

                Comment


                • #9
                  With the situation stabilizing in Iraq, there's a need for much greater caution on the part of the PMC on opening fire. As things normalize, they must really be reined in. After all, in a normal country, will we allow heavily armed PMCs to be running around firing at civilian vehicles merely on suspicion?

                  Comment

                  Latest Topics

                  Collapse

                  Working...
                  X