No announcement yet.

Hand grenade vs. insurgent car (video)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hand grenade vs. insurgent car (video)

US troops chased insurgents out of a village and captured their car. To add insult to the injury, the car was destroyed with a hand grenade.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=98f_1189552399&p=1

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
    --Frederick II, King of Prussia

Just some good old boys having fun at the expense of terrorist. You know, kind of like throwing a stick of dynamite down a rattler's hole.
    "If you are right, then you are right even if everyone says you are wrong. If you are wrong then you are wrong even if everyone says you are right." William Penn.

Comment

Would have been better if the insurgents were still IN the car!!
      "War is hell, but actual combat is a motherf#cker"
      - Col. David Hackworth

Comment

I'm really getting tired of these "Hero" videos. Stupidiy knows no bounds. Much like the Marines from 2/8 who tossed a frag in a washing machine, they're lucky no one was injured.

Comment

Originally posted by Marines View Post
          I'm really getting tired of these "Hero" videos. Stupidiy knows no bounds. Much like the Marines from 2/8 who tossed a frag in a washing machine, they're lucky no one was injured.
          I do agree with you that these activities are rather stupid. But, one part of me kinda enjoys it. These are young men who get shot at almost everyday. Why not have alittle fun to reduce the stress.

As I said these are young men and they will naturally do stupid things. I remember a story from my Dad who fought in the Pacific in WWII. He would chill his beer by setting a fire with gasoline (DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME!!!). He said the beer wasn't frozen but it did have a good chill to it.

Comment

Before you ask. He put the beer in a pit and covered it. He then set a fire above it and the air being sucked in would chill it. I never tried it, so I can't testify exactly how he did it.

Comment

Originally posted by Marines View Post
              To be fair Bryan, you've personally been on the wrong side of the explosion so you are probably more sensitive to this than most. But I agree there should have been an NCO on site exercising a little more positive control over these troops. While they were wasting time and ammo on that car, who was maintaining local security?
              Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X