Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• President for life?

Conquering the Drawbacks of Democracy

President George W. Bush is the 43rd President of the United States. He was sworn in for a second term on January 20, 2005 after being chosen by the majority of citizens in America to be president.

Yet in 2007 he is generally despised, with many citizens of Western civilization expressing contempt for his person and his policies, sentiments which now abound on the Internet. This rage at President Bush is an inevitable result of the system of government demanded by the people, which is Democracy.

The inadequacy of Democracy, rule by the majority, is undeniable -- for it demands adopting ideas because they are popular, rather than because they are wise. This means that any man chosen to act as an agent of the people is placed in an invidious position: if he commits folly because it is popular, then he will be held responsible for the inevitable result. If he refuses to commit folly, then he will be detested by most citizens because he is frustrating their demands.

When faced with the possible threat that the Iraqis might be amassing terrible weapons that could be used to slay millions of citizens of Western Civilization, President Bush took the only action prudence demanded and the electorate allowed: he conquered Iraq with an army.

This dangerous and expensive act did destroy the Iraqi regime, but left an American army without any clear purpose in a hostile country and subject to attack. If the Army merely returns to its home, then the threat it ended would simply return.

The wisest course would have been for President Bush to use his nuclear weapons to slaughter Iraqis until they complied with his demands, or until they were all dead. Then there would be little risk or expense and no American army would be left exposed. But if he did this, his cowardly electorate would have instantly ended his term of office, if not his freedom or his life.

The simple truth that modern weapons now mean a nation must practice genocide or commit suicide. Israel provides the perfect example. If the Israelis do not raze Iran, the Iranians will fulfill their boast and wipe Israel off the face of the earth. Yet Israel is not popular, and so is denied permission to defend itself. In the same vein, President Bush cannot do what is necessary for the survival of Americans. He cannot use the nation's powerful weapons. All he can do is try and discover a result that will be popular with Americans.

As there appears to be no sensible result of the invasion of Iraq that will be popular with his countrymen other than retreat, President Bush is reviled; he has become another victim of Democracy.

By elevating popular fancy over truth, Democracy is clearly an enemy of not just truth, but duty and justice, which makes it the worst form of government. President Bush must overcome not just the situation in Iraq, but democratic government.

However, President Bush has a valuable historical example that he could choose to follow.

When the ancient Roman general Julius Caesar was struggling to conquer ancient Gaul, he not only had to defeat the Gauls, but he also had to defeat his political enemies in Rome who would destroy him the moment his tenure as consul (president) ended.

Caesar pacified Gaul by mass slaughter; he then used his successful army to crush all political opposition at home and establish himself as permanent ruler of ancient Rome. This brilliant action not only ended the personal threat to Caesar, but ended the civil chaos that was threatening anarchy in ancient Rome – thus marking the start of the ancient Roman Empire that gave peace and prosperity to the known world.

If President Bush copied Julius Caesar by ordering his army to empty Iraq of Arabs and repopulate the country with Americans, he would achieve immediate results: popularity with his military; enrichment of America by converting an Arabian Iraq into an American Iraq (therefore turning it from a liability to an asset); and boost American prestiege while terrifying American enemies.

He could then follow Caesar's example and use his newfound popularity with the military to wield military power to become the first permanent president of America, and end the civil chaos caused by the continually squabbling Congress and the out-of-control Supreme Court.

President Bush can fail in his duty to himself, his country, and his God, by becoming “ex-president” Bush or he can become "President-for-Life" Bush: the conqueror of Iraq, who brings sense to the Congress and sanity to the Supreme Court. Then who would be able to stop Bush from emulating Augustus Caesar and becoming ruler of the world? For only an America united under one ruler has the power to save humanity from the threat of a new Dark Age wrought by terrorists armed with nuclear weapons.

FamilySecurityMatters.org Contributing Editor Philip Atkinson is the British born founder of ourcivilisation.com and author of A Study of Our Decline. He is a philosopher specializing in issues concerning the preservation of Western civilization.

Here's a little more information on Family Security Matters. FSM is a the public face front group for the Center for Security Policy. For example, when you call the phone number of FSM you reach CSP.

http://www.familysecuritymatters.org/

The Center for Security Policy was founded in 1988 "and states that it operates as a non-profit, non-partisan organization committed to the time-tested philosophy of promoting international peace through American strength." Within the CSP is the National Security Advisory Council. One former member being none other than Dick Cheney.

Notable members of the CSP, including the f**ng stupidest guy on the face of the earth, Doug Feith include.

Elliott Abrams, Special Assistant to the President for National Security Affairs for Democracy, Human Rights and International Operations
    Devon Gaffney Cross, member, Defense Policy Board
    Jack D. Crouch II, Assistant Secretary of Defense for International Security Policy; nominated January 31, 2005, to be Assistant to the President and Deputy National Security Advisor
    Mitchell E. Daniels, Jr., former Director of the Office of Management and Budget
    Kenneth deGraffenreid, Deputy Under Secretary of Defense for Policy Support
    Paula J. Dobriansky, Under Secretary of State for Global Affairs
    Douglas J. Feith, former Chairman of the Center's Board of Directors, Under Secretary of Defense for Policy
    Evan Galbraith, Secretary of Defense's Representative to Europe
    Robert Joseph, Special Assistant to the President for National Security Affairs for Proliferation Strategy, Counterproliferation and Homeland Defense
    Sven Kraemer, Policy Advisor to the Undersecretary of Defense for Policy
    Keith Payne, Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Forces Policy
    Richard Perle, Chairman of the Defense Policy Board
    Roger W. Robinson, Jr., Commissioner, U.S.-China Security Review Commission
    James G. Roche, Secretary of the Air Force
    William Schneider, Jr., Chairman of the Defense Science Board
    Wayne Schroeder, Deputy Under Secretary of Defense for Resource Planning and Management
    Michelle Van Cleave, Assistant Secretary of Defense-designate for Special Operations and Low Intensity Conflict
    Jose Sorzano, member, Board of Visitors, Western Hemisphere Institute for Security Cooperation (formerly the School of the Americas)
    Arthur Waldron, Commissioner, U.S.-China Security Review Commission
    Gov. Pete Wilson, member, President's Foreign Intelligence Advisory Board
    Dov Zakheim, Under Secretary of Defense; Comptroller
    Caroline B. Glick the senior Middle East fellow and the deputy managing editor of The Jerusalem Post

Again. This isn't some "blog". This is the marketing arm of an influencial and active conservative political analyisis group with deep roots in government, the Republican party and conservative media.
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen." - Albert Einstein

Oops...
    Recently, an article by one of our contributing editors appeared on FSM that advocated giving President Bush powers beyond those given to him in the Constitution, a la Caesar in Gaul. This article made it through the editorial process at a time when FSM was in transition between editors and thus without normal editorial controls. Our lives were further complicated at that time with complex technological site problems that caused FSM unrelenting distraction in having to deal with urgent issues beyond the norm. It was an unfortunate error, and one that we regret and we have rectified it to the best of our abilities by removing it from the site.
    Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Darn... where's the yawn smilie when ya need one?
      Welcome to the adult world. Kinda sucks when you have to be the responsible ones and take all the pot shots from the chagrined lefties and mongoloid celebrities, who don't know their collective posteriors from sound economic policy. - 98ZJUSMC

Comment

why emulate Caesar, when one can emulate Adolf hitler or Stalin, or Mao!!!

let's teah kids to play Fussball and goose-stepping.

nah, it's not needed.

there are already presidents for life.. those are the entities behind the lobbies... the MIIC corporations, Israel, etc. they rule America. Democrats, Republicans, etc. same difference sides of the same party (the party of wealth) in a national security state.

Democracy? it's long gone from America and most of western countries.
        "Freedom cannot exist without discipline, self-discipline, and rights cannot exist without duties. Those who do not observe their duties do not deserve their rights."--Oriana Fallaci

Comment

Originally posted by Arkane View Post
          Darn... where's the yawn smilie when ya need one?

Comment

President George W. Bush is the 43rd President of the United States. He was sworn in for a second term on January 20, 2005 after being chosen by the majority of citizens in America to be president.
            You must be thinking of a different election than the one he stole with the aid of his brother. And you certainly have an odd way of defining democracy. Meanwhile, I have yet to see anything establishing that Bush is any smarter or better informed about what the nation needs than the rest of us, and plenty of evidence that he isn't.

Comment

I feel like posting -so sue me. I started reading until the part about the other option in Iraq and, with strawmen advancing, manned my keyboard. There were plenty of options in Iraq, including finding a better target.
              Only now, it's looking more and more like the dreaded liberal left will be assuming command. Unfortunately, a lot of their policy is going to be decided already for them by this administration. And the real scary thing, is that the wusses in both parties will now say, " we let Bush lead us into one unnecessary, electable conflict. We're not going to let someone else(or Bush certainly) do it again." That's the kicker right there. That's what should keep true hawks awake at night. That the Iraq war has become the political equivalent to 'crying wolf'. And the truth is; that the real wolves are getting hungry. I don't trust government. I don't trust elections as each state has the potential of becoming a partisan fiefdom. A few votes here-a few there. Not enough to warrant scrutiny. As a democrat, I don't trust Florida. But I'm sure there are states that republicans don't trust either. I do however trust in the majority, regardless of the amount of self-indoctrination I see. Reality doesn't need a pedestal.
              We're going to be attacked again. How do I know? Six years after 9/11 this country is pooling all it's resources, enough to fight WW3, into arming and training countries that in all likelyhood will use this vast expense against us. This country is screaming for a big,fat dose of reality. In the end, I do believe in God. I believe that somewhere the laws of physics meet with laws of morality. We'll get ours. But I'm sure nobody will like the end result.
              Last edited by macgregr; 28 Aug 07, 19:55.

Comment

Originally posted by MountainMan View Post
                You must be thinking of a different election than the one he stole with the aid of his brother. And you certainly have an odd way of defining democracy. Meanwhile, I have yet to see anything establishing that Bush is any smarter or better informed about what the nation needs than the rest of us, and plenty of evidence that he isn't.
                Fester, fester, rot, rot....
                If you can't set a good example, be a glaring warning.

Comment

Gee. This one got all the attention. What about the blog that advocated a coup-d'etat against the President of the United States?

Comment

I sometimes wonder if the US president is just a target to shield the people who are actually doing all the ****.

Personally, if you offered me the job, I'd walk away laughing my head off. The pension simply isn't that worth it.

But agree with the notion. If you elect a person for 4 only years, and he knows in 4 only years he likely could be fired, don't expect him to attempt anything serious that can't be started and finished in 4 years.
                    Life is change. Built models for decades.
                    Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
                    I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

Just noticed a faux pas in the article. He refers to Julius Caesar during most of the first part of article, then refers to the same person as Augustus Caesar later on. Julius was to become Dictator for life. Octavian (Julius' nephew or adopted son?) was to become first emperor of Rome.

Just wanted to prove my investment in renting HBO's Rome is paying off.

Comment

Originally posted by macgregr View Post
                        I feel like posting -so sue me. I started reading until the part about the other option in Iraq and, with strawmen advancing, manned my keyboard. There were plenty of options in Iraq, including finding a better target.
                        Nuke 'em all huh? Am I missing something or was that a pretty darned arrogant idea?
                        Seems that the lives of ordinary people don't mean a hell of a lot despite who 'leads' them, unless of course he continues to be useful to the 'Good Ol' US of A'.
                        Agreed democracy has it's flaws but until they come up with something better, a 'President for Life' will only be a dictator. Oops...the 'D' word.
                        The truth? You can't handle the truth! No truth handler you! I deride your truth handling abilities!
                        Sideshow Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by w john spurrell View Post
                          Conquering the Drawbacks of Democracy

Amazing ignorance displayed about the election of our presidents...

No president is ever 'chosen by the majority of citizens in america'... They are 'chosen' by electors which, depending on a particular states rules governing electors, 'choose' who the president will be. Some can vote against the popular vote of a particular state while others must follow the majority vote.

By elevating popular fancy over truth, Democracy is clearly an enemy of not just truth, but duty and justice, which makes it the worst form of government.
                          Democracy may or may not be an enemy of truth, duty and justice. It depends on whether or not the majority agree with a position that is true, dutiful and/or just.
                          Islam... it's a blast - literally.

Comment

Originally posted by piero1971 View Post
                            Democracy? it's long gone from America and most of western countries.

We've still got plenty of democracy here in america and unfortunately, it isn't long gone. It's the biggest problem we have.

What's long gone is our republicanism (small r) and what needs to return.
                            Islam... it's a blast - literally.

Comment

Nsdap!

Here in Washington state during the last Prez/National/Biggie election things got all a~flummux over the close numbers in the Govenor's race. So the Democrats filed for a re-count. Interestingly, the Democratic Party occupied Office of Elections, for County of King, dominated by PNW bastion of Liberals ~ Seattle holds majority sway over county and state. "Misplaced" mail-in ballots "found" at Elections Office of King County(Seattle) closed the gap, but still the Republican candidate won, just barely.

Liberals-Democrats tend to mostly be 'liberal arts' students/grads, and hence a bit soft on sciences and math. Not knowing how to count, the Democratic Party of Washington petitioned and got another 'recount'. The Democratic Party occupied Elections Office of King County(Seattle) dutifully 'found' more 'lost mail-in ballots' and this time Democratic candidate for Govenor finally won, just barely!

One out of three is the Winner, per Liberal/Democrat sense of fairness. And as I've pointed out, these people can't count. (Steer clear of accountants who are Democrats/Liberals if you don't want to lose your money!)

The Republicans challenged the results since there appeared to be many inpropriaties about the election and evidence of large-scale voter fraud, especially within the Democratic Party occupied Elections Office of King County. Washington state has 'motor voter', hence any one who gets a license can be registered to vote, and since one doesn't have to prove citizenship of the USA when getting a driver's license here, many "illegal alien immigrants" can vote. There was evidence of many instances of multiple votes by one person, dead people voting, ficticious voters voting, felons voting, and perhaps even pets voting. Still the state courts held the results valid and the Democrats pulled an electorial coupe' in the State of Washington.

Side note here is that there were a number of Federal offices also voted for and since it's probable that ballots with Govenor's race votes might have been alterred for other races, which seems never to have been investigated. Part of the reason our Federal Attorney here was one of the nine fired by Gonzales.

Of more sinsiter concern is the growing evidence this sort of shennaigans is going on in other states of the USA. Wasn't it Stalin who said, "It doesn't matter who the people vote for, rahter who's counting the votes"? It appears that other 'elections offices' about our country are becoming "Democrat Party occupied" and They may determine the next election.

There will be another election in 2008. Bush&Co. have grown weary of the load and have secured their "retirement". They are ready to pass the 'hot potatoes' on to someone else and it appears they may not do anything drastic on the way out. Stabilize the 'staus quo' so the next Admin has a full platter.

As for the title above; NSDAP?

The initials in German that translate into english as;

National Socialists (&) German Workers Party

a.k.a. Nazis

It was the political Left this movement appealed and recruited towards when trying to gather national support and votes. Along with national militarization (a somewhat 'natural' German trait~tendency) the Nazis also instituded wide-ranging social programs and 'make-work' projects to 'mobilize' their nation out of the global economic depression of the 1930's.

As one can see throughout the twentieth century, dictatorships and similar governments of top-down micromanagement of national economies and collective efforts are quite often, especially in the developed nations of the world, derived from the Socialist~Liberal~Political Left of those nation's population demoraphics. Same has and will hold for Amerika. It's rather easy to tell in many cases who posting here (whether Amerikan or not) would likely vote for any candidate/issue affiliated with any political party that identifies itself with the terms "socialists", "peoples", or "workers" as part of it's name. In Amerika of late, these "socialists~peoples~workers" extremists have coallesced into the National Democratic Party of the USA.

Hillary Rodham-Clinton will run on the Democratic ticket in '08, but as the vice-presidential candidate. If that ticket wins, and NDP infilltration of county elections offices across this nation may assure such, then whomever the Democratic Presidential candidate is, HE will die not too long after taking office.

Vice-President Hillary will then ascend to The Throne. Amerika's first Dictator and would-be Emporer will be a women.

Heil Hillary!
                              Last edited by G David Bock; 28 Aug 07, 23:10. Reason: typos and spellin', the usual
                              TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch
                              “War is merely the continuation of politics by other means” - von Clausewitz
                              Present Current Events are the Future's History

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Karri
                                Prawn heads
                                by Karri
                                How do you cook them? How do you eat them?

So far I've always just twisted them off, and discarded it along with the shells and such, only...
                                Today, 11:40
                              • Jose50
                                Thoughts on the US abandoning NATO
                                by Jose50
                                Now may be a good time for the NATO countries to start beefing up their materiel, personnel and alliances. There is a decided wave here in the US that...
                                Today, 08:41
                              • Von Richter
                                Sagittarius Rising...
                                by Von Richter
                                Just having a re-read of this book after it's stood for donkey's years on the bookshelf. Once again, within the first couple of pages, I'm transported...
                                Today, 01:19
                              Working...
                              X